|Born||Brooke Levi Vincent
4 June 1992 (age 23)
Audenshaw, Greater Manchester, England
|Known for||Role of Sophie Webster|
|Notable work||Sophie Webster in Coronation Street|
|Television||Coronation Street (2004–)|
|Partner(s)||Josh McEachran (2011-2015)|
Brooke Levi Vincent (born 4 June 1992) is an English actress. She is known for her portrayal of Sophie Webster in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street from 12 May 2004, she took over the role from Emma Woodward, who previously played the role of Sophie.
Vincent's first television appearance was as a guest character, Casey Emma Glass, in the TV series, The League of Gentlemen. She joined Coronation Street in April 2004 as the third actress to play Sophie Webster, replacing Emma Woodward who decided to leave the soap at the end of 2003. Vincent's first appearance was shown on 12 May.
Vincent is two years older than the character she plays. Shortly after landing the role of Sophie in Coronation Street, she appeared on Children in Need.
In an interview on 7 September 2010 with Vincent and Sacha Parkinson, both these young actresses discussed their roles in the lesbian storyline, whereby, their relationship transformed from best friends to girlfriends, with the realisation of their sexuality. This storyline on Coronation Street started on 11 April 2010.
On 5 November 2010 at the "Stonewall Awards" ceremony, Coronation Street won the new "Broadcast of the Year" award, in recognition of its gay storylines.
Vincent was nominated for the award for Best Dramatic Performance from a Young Actor or Actress for her portrayal of Sophie at The British Soap Awards 2008. At the 2008 Inside Soap Awards, Vincent was nominated in the category "Best Young Actor".
Vincent attended Fairfield High School for Girls in Droylsden. In August 2011, she was reported as having been dating Chelsea footballer Josh McEachran since 2011. The couple split in June 2014 but got back together in August of the same year. Vincent is the cousin of Ellie Leach, fellow Coronation Street actress who plays fellow resident Faye Windass; Vincent was said to be "overjoyed" by Leach's casting in the soap.
|2002||The League of Gentlemen||Casey Glass||1 Episode: The Medusa Touch|
|2004–present||Coronation Street||Sophie Webster||Series Regular, Main Cast, 809+ Episodes|
|2006||Soapstar Superstar||Herself||2006–07; 1x6, 2x8, 2x9|
|2014||Tricked||Herself||1 Episode; 2x1|
|2008||Coronation Street: Out of Africa||Sophie Webster||Direct-to-DVD spin-off movie|
- "Brooke Vincent and Adrian Edwards receive their citizen card". Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Great LezBritain: EXCLUSIVE Interview with Brooke Vincent and Sacha Parkinson of "Coronation Street"". AfterEllen.com. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (5 November 2010). "Corrie, Partridge win Stonewall Awards - Coronation Street News - Soaps". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Kris Green (29 April 2008). "In Full: British Soap Awards Panel Shortlist". Digital Spy. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "Inside Soap Awards 2008 - Nominations". MSN TV. Microsoft. 16 July 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- Thomas, Holly (25 August 2011). "Someone's scored! Corrie star Brooke Vincent watches boyfriend Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran in action". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Boyle, Simon (23 August 2014). "Brooke Vincent and Josh McEachran back together after three-month split". The Daily Mirror.
- "Brooke Vincent is 'chuffed' that cousin Ellie-Louise Leach is joining Coronation Street". Unreality Shout. Retrieved 21 January 2012.