Browns Flat, New Brunswick
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Located within Greenwich Parish, Browns Flat is situated along a stretch of the Long Reach section of the Saint John River and is accessed by Route 102. From Moncton/Sussex, Browns Flat can allow be accessed via Route 124 from Norton. The Evandale Ferry runs 24 hours a day by the Department of Transportation at no fee to the user.
Browns Flat is home to:
- Browns Flat Elementary School.
- Greenwich Volunteer Fire Department. Founded 1974.
- Greenwich Recreation Center.
- The Rite Touch Convenience.
- Donald's Excavation Service.
- Balemans Fruits and Vegetable Stand.
- Beulah Camp, a campground belonging to the Atlantic District of the Wesleyan Church.
- Catons Island, an island located in the Saint John River. It holds week-long summer camps for families (long weekend in August), kids and teenagers. It is owned by the Atlantic District of the Wesleyan Church.
- 3034 Blue Mountain Rangers Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps.
- Blue Mountain Sports.
- Browns Flat Baptist Church.
- Wesley United Church.
- Galbraith Stables.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch #87 Greenwich
- Jones Creek Hall.
The nearest large community is the town of Grand Bay-Westfield, New Brunswick which is approximately 10-15 minutes drive from Browns Flat.
|This New Brunswick location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|