Bruno Souza (programmer)
|Born||Bruno Ferreira de Souza|
|Known for||Founding SouJava|
Bruno Souza is a Brazilian Java programmer and open source software advocate. He was President of SouJava, a Brazilian Java User Group he helped establish  which became the world's largest.   He was one of the initiators[clarification needed] of the Apache Harmony project to create a non-proprietary Java virtual machine. He's known as the "Brazilian JavaMan"
Bruno is a member of the Board of Directors at the Open Source Initiative representing Affiliate members. This is his second term on the OSI Board. He is also a member of the executive committee of the Java Community Process. In 2010, he co-founded ToolsCloud, a developer tools provider.
- Souza, Bruno. "Bruno Ferreira de Souza, o "JavaMan"" (in Portuguese). Bruno's own homepage. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "Bruno Souza Biography". Java.Net.
- Phipps, Simon (April 14, 2005). "Brazil - the Global Java Leader?". Java.net. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
To give you an idea of the strength of the Java community in Brazil, the world's largest Java User Group is based there. The Sociedade de Usuarios Java, "SouJava" boasts almost 18,000 members and has now spread from its original base in Sao Paulo to be a national organisation
- Kluyt, Onno (January 2006). "Looking back, Looking ahead". JCP Program Office Newsletter (Press release). Java Community Process. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
What pleased me is that the Java Community has become more inclusive of the industries and geographies around the world as illustrated by SouJava's joining from Brasil (the world's largest JUG and the first JUG to join)
- JavaOne (December 6, 2012). "JavaOne Conference: SOUJava recognized around the world as the largest JUG with 40000 members". Twitter. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Winslow, Maria (February 27, 2006). "Open Source Java: Interview with an Apache Harmony Project Founder". LinuxPlanet. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Jelastic (November 18, 2014). "Java Rock Stars James Gosling and Bruno Souza Jump Aboard the Jelastic Train" (Press release). PRWeb. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
Father of Java James Gosling and Brazilian JavaMan Bruno Souza enthusiastically endorse polyglot PaaS with Java enterprise level support
- Armitage, Amy (June 16, 2015). "Wanna dine with James Gosling at JavaOne in San Francisco?". Jelastic Blog. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
dinner with Father of Java, James Gosling, Brazil Java Man, Bruno Souza, and creator of Java cloud platform, Ruslan Synytsky
- "Jenkins in JavaOne 2014" (Press release). Jenkins. September 24, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
The Deploy Factory: Open Source Tools for Java Deployment [CON1880] from Bruno Souza (aka the Java Man from Brazil) and Edson Yanaga
- Wired (magazine) (June 13, 2003). "Staying Up All Night on Java". Wired (magazine). Retrieved December 2, 2008.
Among devoted Java programmers, Bruno de Souza is considered the Java Man. He even owns the bragging rights to JavaMan.com.
- CONSEGI 2013 (May 3, 2013). "Bruno Souza, o 'Javaman', estará presente no Consegi 2013" (in Portuguese). CONSEGI 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- "OSI Board Changes 2013" (Press release). Open Source Initiative. May 2, 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "2009 OSI Board Elections held in April" (Press release). Open Source Initiative. May 11, 2009.
- "JCP Executive Committee Info". Oracle. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "About ToolsCloud" (Press release). ToolsCloud Inc. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|