|Region||Eastern Region, Uganda|
|Elevation||1,400 m (4,600 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Bududa is on the south-eastern slopes of Mount Elgon, approximately 36 kilometres (22 mi), by road, south-east of Mbale, the largest city in the Bugisu sub-region. This is about 260 kilometres (162 mi), by road, north-east of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The town is located within Mount Elgon National Park. The coordinates of Bududa town are 01°00'36.0"N, 34°19'54.0"E (Latitude:1.010011; Longitude:34.331663).
Bududa is 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) above sea level, inside the Mt Elgon Range.
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town at 3,000. The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 4,000 in 2010. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population at 4,200.
Points of interest
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- headquarters of Bududa District Local Government
- ooffices of Bududa Town Council
- Bududa General Hospital - A 120-bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Bududa Vocational Academy - The academy trains elementary school drop-outs in skills such as bricklaying, pottery, sewing, nursery teacher training and other basic vocational activities.
- Bududa central market
- Bududa Post Office, a branch of Posta Uganda
- A mobile branch of PostBank Uganda
- Globefeed.com (7 July 2016). "Distance between Mbale Post Office, Republic Street, Mbale, Eastern Region, Uganda and Bududa Post Office, Bududa, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Globefeed.com (7 July 2016). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and Bududa Post Office Bududa, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Google (7 July 2016). "Location of Bududa Town, Bududa District, Eastern Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Estimated Population of Bududa In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Odeke, Julius (18 January 2013). "Obote's Ex-Works Minister, Engineer Abner Nangwale Has Died". The Independent (Uganda). Retrieved 30 May 2014.