|Team history||Buffalo Dragons (2008)
Buffalo Stampede (2008-present)
|Based in||Amherst, New York|
|Colors||Orange & Black|
|Owner(s)||Vincent J. Lesh Jr.|
The Buffalo Stampede was a basketball team in the Atlantic Coast Professional Basketball League (ACPBL) that started as a franchise in the Premier Basketball League (PBL) in the 2009 season. The team was originally the NexxNow Buffalo Dragons (called Buffalo Dragons in shorthand)  The team was first owned by NexxNow Inc. However, Vincent Lesh, the owner of the modern American Basketball Association Buffalo Sharks (the team formerly known as the Silverbacks and Rapids) folded that club, left the ABA, and bought the Dragons from NexxNow, renaming them the Buffalo Stampede.
The team was to play their home games at the Burt Flickinger Center at Erie Community College, however with Lesh's purchase they moved to what was going to be the Sharks venue, the Koessler Athletic Center at Canisius College. On December 15, the team announced that head coach Richard Jacob stepped down and would be replaced on an interim basis by General Manager Roosevelt Bouie. On December 23, John Fitzpatrick was named head coach. On March 22, 2009, Fitzpatrick was removed as head coach with Roosevelt Bouie running the team for its final two games. For 2010, Lesh hired Jim Condill as the head coach of the Buffalo Stampede. In February 2010, Condill resigned and Vern Hall, his assistant coach, took over.
On May 24, 2010, the PBL announced that the league was severing ties with the Stampede. On August 10, 2010 the Stampede announced their move to the ACPBL and a pending change in venue to Daemen College.
- NexxNow Brings Professional Basketball Back to Buffalo, Yahoo! Finance, 2008-04-30, retrieved 2008-05-01
- Buffalo joins Premier Basketball League, Our Sports Central, 2008-02-01, retrieved 2008-05-01
- McKissic, Rodney (2008-09-18), New minor-league basketball team will be called Stampede, The Buffalo News, retrieved 2008-09-18
- McKissic, Rodney (2008-09-19), Teams merge to form Stampede, The Buffalo News, retrieved 2008-09-19
- McKissic, Rodney (2008-12-15), Jacob resigns as head coach and GM of Stampede, The Buffalo News, retrieved 2008-12-15
- McKissic, Rodney (2008-12-23), Stampede names new coach, The Buffalo News, retrieved 2008-12-23
- Fitzpatrick out as Stampede coach after 1-16 start, The Buffalo News, 2009-03-22, retrieved 2009-03-24
- Stampede coach Condill resigns, Buffalo Sports Daily, 2010-02-04, retrieved 2010-05-24
- Premier Basketball League Reorganizes, Our Sports Central, 2010-05-24, retrieved 2010-05-24
- Buffalo Stampede Join the ACPBL, Our Sports Central, 2010-08-10, retrieved 2010-08-10
- Dechabert, Derek (2011-08-16), Dill takes charge of new club, Bermuda Royal Gazette, retrieved 2011-08-18
|This article about a basketball team in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|