Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Comune di Buggiano|
|Frazioni||Borgo a Buggiano, Buggiano Castello, Colle di Buggiano, Malocchio, Pittini, Santa Maria, Stignano|
|• Mayor||Daniele Bettarini|
|• Total||16.04 km2 (6.19 sq mi)|
|Elevation||41 m (135 ft)|
(30 April 2017)
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Holy Crucifix|
|Saint day||August 18|
Buggiano is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Pistoia in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 45 kilometres (28 mi) northwest of Florence and about 15 kilometres (9 mi) southwest of Pistoia.
- Sanctuary of the Holy Crucifix (18th century)
- Pieve di Sant'Andrea (11th century).
- Pieve of San Lorenzo (13th century), remade in the two following centuries. It has a Romanesque bell tower with double mullioned windows, including the basement of an 11th-century tower. The interior has several 16th-century canvasses and a 14th-century crucifix.
- Church of Madonna della Salute e di San Nicolao (11th century). It houses a 12th-13th century marble baptismal font with intarsia and a 1442 Annunciation by Bicci di Lorenzo.
- Villa Bellavista
- Ascheberg, Germany
- Vasco Ferretti (writer)
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buggiano.|
|This Tuscany location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|