|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Studio album by Dave Matthews Band|
|Released||July 16, 2002|
|Recorded||2002, Record Plant Studios in Sausalito, California|
|Dave Matthews Band chronology|
|Singles from Busted Stuff|
Nine of the eleven tracks on this album are re-recorded versions of songs that first appeared on 2000's abandoned project now known as The Lillywhite Sessions. "Where Are You Going" and "You Never Know" were not from those sessions, the former of which was the first single. It was also an Enhanced CD.
Work on the album began in January 2002 at Record Plant Studios in Sausalito, California. The band had been road testing much of the material from the failed Lillywhite Sessions and felt that these songs deserved a spot on the album. Matthews reworked many of the lyrics while the rest of the band continued to evolve the arrangements. Through the recording process, two new songs were created: "Where Are You Going" and "You Never Know".
This is the first album the band has recorded without any special guests.
All songs by David J. Matthews.
- "Busted Stuff" – 3:48
- "Grey Street" – 5:08
- "Where Are You Going" – 3:53
- "You Never Know" – 5:54
- "Captain" – 3:46
- "Raven" – 5:38
- "Grace Is Gone" – 4:38
- "Kit Kat Jam" – 3:35
- "Digging a Ditch" – 4:47
- "Big Eyed Fish" – 5:04
- "Bartender" – 8:32
Songs cut from the album
Songs that were recorded during the sessions, but weren't included on the final cut:
- "JTR" - Previously recorded during the Lillywhite Sessions
- "Sweet Up and Down" - Previously recorded during the Lillywhite Sessions
- "Monkey Man" - Previously recorded during the Lillywhite Sessions
- "Counting the Stars" – An early version of a song that merged with another piece of music to become "You Never Know"
- "Save Me" - Later re-recorded for Dave Matthews' Some Devil
- "Gravedigger" - Came out of a mini-jam the band tried and aborted. Later re-recorded for Dave Matthews' Some Devil
Busted Stuff came with a bonus DVD titled: Some Other Stuff. It featured two live performances from Boulder, Colorado on July 11, 2001. The two songs performed were "When the World Ends" and "Bartender". The "Bartender" 5.1 audio only track was also on this DVD and it is the only Dave Matthews Band studio recording available in true 5.1.
- Dave Matthews Band
- Carter Beauford – drums
- Stefan Lessard – bass guitar, dobro, piano, Hammond organ
- Dave Matthews – acoustic and electric guitars, lead vocals
- LeRoi Moore – saxophone, penny whistle, flute
- Boyd Tinsley – electric violin
- Technical personnel
- Producer — Stephen Harris
- Engineer — John Nelson
- Mixing — John Alagía
- Mastering — Ted Jensen
- Assistant — Jonathan Adler, Enrique Gonzalez Müller
- Art direction — Danny Clinch, Catherine Dee, Thane Kerner
- Artist relations — Pat McGuire
- Photography — Danny Clinch
- Assistant photographer — Gary Ashley
- Design — Danny Clinch, Catherine Dee, Thane Kerner
- Digital collage — Thane Kerner
|2002||The Billboard 200||1|
|2002||Top Canadian Albums||1|
|2002||Top Internet Albums||1|
- Jacobson, Jeff. Dave Matthews Band: Busted Stuff Guitar and Vocals, 2002, page 2, Cherry Lane Music Company.
- "Dave Matthews Band". antsmarching.org. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Dave Matthews Band - Chart history | Billboard". billboard.com. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Busted Stuff - Dave Matthews Band | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
Nellyville by Nelly
|Billboard 200 number-one album
July 28 – August 3, 2002
Unleashed by Toby Keith