Gogoua with FC Tambov in 2019
|Full name||Aboussy Cédric Gogoua Kouamé|
|Date of birth||10 July 1994|
|Place of birth||Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Centre back|
|Sabé Sports de Bouna|
|2014||→ Kerho 07 (loan)||3||(0)|
|Ivory Coast U17|
|Ivory Coast U20|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2019|
Gogoua began his career at Sabé Sports de Bouna, but he did not break through and moved on to Africa Sports in 2010. Four years later, he joined Finnish club SJK. He was at the club two years and helped the club win the Veikkausliiga title for the first time in history. Gogoua was also named for best defender of Veikkausliiga in 2014. In January 2016, he signed for Serbian club Partizan.
Born in Abidjan, Gogoua started out his senior career with Africa Sports in early 2010, at the age of 15. He was then a member of the team that won the national league in 2011. Afterwards, Gogoua unexpectedly left the club in March 2012, allegedly going on a trial to Thailand. At that time he had been with the club for three years, ever since he joined Africa Sports coming from Sabé Sports de Bouna. He subsequently spent some time playing with Issia Wazy, before moving abroad to Finland.
In April 2014, after a successful trial at the club, Gogoua signed a permanent contract with SJK. He initially played for their reserve side Kerho 07, before being promoted to the main squad. Eventually, Gogoua made his debut for SJK on 17 May 2014, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3–0 home league win over IFK Mariehamn. He scored his first goal for the club in a 3–1 home league victory over MYPA on 25 October 2014. Due to his performances, Gogoua was named the league's best defender in 2014, as the club finished as runners-up to HJK. He subsequently helped them win the league in the following season, the first title in the club's history. Gogoua has played both matches in first qualifying round of 2015–16 UEFA Europa League against FH. In November 2015, Gogoua signed a one-year extension to his contract, keeping him at SJK until the end of 2017.
On 17 January 2016, Gogoua officially joined Serbian club Partizan, penning a four-year deal and choosing the number 51 jersey for a fee of €300.000. He was joined by his compatriot, Ismaël Béko Fofana. On 27 February 2016, Gogoua made his official debut for the club in an Eternal derby against Red Star Belgrade and scored the leading goal for Partizan. He was rumoured to have been arrested in Belgrade for driving under the influence of alcohol, after which he left the club and country abruptly.
On 24 August 2018, Gogoua signed with the Russian club FC SKA-Khabarovsk, but was released from his contract by mutual consent on 14 November 2018 without playing any league games for the team.
For the 2019–20 season he joined Russian club FC Tambov. On his Russian Premier League debut on 27 July 2019 (which was also Tambov's first ever home Russian Premier League game), he scored the first goal in Tambov's 2–0 victory over FC Spartak Moscow. He scored again in his third game on 10 August, an away 2–2 draw against FC Orenburg.
After just five games for Tambov, on 29 August 2019, Gogoua signed a 4-year contract with CSKA Moscow. On his CSKA debut on 1 September 2019, he scored the winning goal in a 2–1 away comeback victory over FC Arsenal Tula.
- As of match played 4 March 2018
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|Kerho 07 (loan)||2014||Kakkonen||3||0||0||0||0||0||–||–||3||0|
|Kairat-A||2017||Kazakhstan First Division||7||1||0||0||–||–||–||7||1|
|Kairat||2018||Kazakhstan Premier League||0||0||0||0||–||0||0||1||0||1||0|
|Tambov||2019–20||Russian Premier League||5||2||0||0||–||0||0||0||0||5||2|
|CSKA Moscow||2019–20||Russian Premier League||4||1||0||0||–||1||0||0||0||5||1|
Style of playing
Gogoua possesses the speed to keep track of smaller, quicker attackers while also possessing the strength needed to battle with more physical opponents. Also has a very good pass into space and game review, so he could play as defensive midfielder. While playing in the Finland, Gogoua has been one of the best players in Veikkausliiga and got a nickname Dominator.
- Africa Sports
- Ligue 1: 2011
- "Aboussy Cedric Gogoua-Kouame". football-lineups.com. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Africa Sports : Un joueur a fui" (in French). abidjan.net. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Cédric dumps Africa Sports for Thailand". supersport.com. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "SJK matkaa Turkuun, Cedric Gogoua sopimukseen" (in Finnish). illka.fi. 18 April 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "SJK hankki norsunluurannikkolaisen Cedric Gogouan" (in Finnish). veikkausliiga.com. 18 April 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Osui ja upposi - SJK:lle makea voitto" (in Finnish). sjk2007.fi. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "SJK voitti hopeaa!" (in Finnish). sjk2007.fi. 25 October 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Palloliitto ja Veikkausliiga palkitsivat parhaita" (in Finnish). palloliitto.fi. 30 October 2014. Archived from the original on 3 November 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Gogoua ja Laaksonen palkittiin Captain's Ball gaalassa" (in Finnish). sjk2007.fi. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "SJK-pakki haluaa olla taas sarjan paras" (in Finnish). veikkausliiga.com. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "SJK TV muistelee mennyttä kautta 2015" (in Finnish). sjk2007.fi. 30 December 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "SJK 0 - 1 FH". uefa.com. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "FH 1 - 0 SJK". uefa.com. 9 July 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Hetemaj, Gogoua, Brown ja Lidman jatkavat SJK:ssa" (in Finnish). veikkausliiga.com. 17 November 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Peto ovozimsko pojačanje šampiona – Gogoua!" (in Serbian). partizan.rs. 17 January 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Звезди пријају јубиларци: Партизан срушен и у 150. вечитом дербију! (ВИДЕО) (in Serbian). Sportski žurnal. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- Priveden Sedrik Gogua (in Serbian). Informer. 3 October 2016.
- "Partizan ostao bez Gogue, a mogao je da uzme više od milion evra" (in Serbian). Nezavisne.
- СЕДРИК ГОГУА ПРИСОЕДИНИЛСЯ К "АКТОБЕ" НА УТС В ТУРЦИИ (in Russian). fc-aktobe.kz. 17 January 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Spēlētāju pārejas (ziema 2017)". lff.lv/lv (in Latvian). lff. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Гогуа провел 90 минут в футболке хабаровского СКА. fcska.ru (in Russian). FC SKA-Khabarovsk. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Доминатор находится на просмотре в нашей команде. fc-rostov.ru (in Russian). FC Rostov. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Официально: Мохамед Конате и Седрик Гогуа игроки Кайрат А. fckairat.com (in Russian). FC Kairat. 11 July 2017. Archived from the original on 13 July 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- Седрик Гогуа – игрок Кайрата. fckairat.com (in Russian). FC Kairat. 13 November 2017. Archived from the original on 13 November 2017. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- СЕДРИК ГОГУА ПОДПИСАЛ КОНТРАКТ С ФК "СКА-ХАБАРОВСК" (in Russian). FC SKA-Khabarovsk. 24 August 2018.
- «СКА-ХАБАРОВСК» ОТПРАВИЛСЯ В ОТПУСК [SKA-Khabarovsk goes for vacation] (in Russian). FC SKA-Khabarovsk. 27 November 2018.
- "Tambov v Spartak game report" (in Russian). Russian Premier League. 27 July 2019.
- "Седрик Гогуа подписал четырехлетний контракт с ПФК ЦСКА" [Cedric Gogoua signed a 4-year contract with PFC CSKA Moscow] (in Russian). PFC CSKA Moscow. 29 August 2019.
- "Arsenal Tula v CSKA game report". Russian Premier League. 1 September 2019.
- "C.Gogoua". soccerway.com. Soccerway. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "Dominator došao u Partizan i odmah pominje derbi: Jedva čekam da se revanširamo Zvezdi!". mozzartsport.com. 16 January 2016.
- "Sedrik Gogua, dominator sa Biblijom ispod miške". mozzartsport.com. 17 January 2016.
- Cédric Gogoua profile at Soccerway