C. V. Gunaratne
Clement Victor Gunaratne (Sinhala:ක්ලෙමෙන්ට් වික්ටර් ගුණරත්න) (known as C. V. Gunaratne) was Sri Lanka's Cabinet Minister of Industries Development. Minister Gunaratne and his wife along with 20 others  were killed by a suicide bomber of the LTTE organization on June 7, 2000.
He was educated at the Royal College, Colombo where was captain of the rugby team. His father was Major L. V. Gooneratne, ED, CCC the first Mayor of Dehiwala - Mt Lavinia He entered to politics as a member of the Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia Municipal Council in which he was Leader of the Opposition (Sri Lanka Freedom Party). He was chosen as a Central Committee Member of the SLFP in early 1970s. C.V. Gunaratne entered to the parliament at the parliamentary general election held in 1989. He was survived by two sons and a daughter.
- Notable assassinations of the Sri Lankan Civil War
- List of attacks attributed to the LTTE
- Sri Lankan Civil War
- CHRONOLOGY-Attacks blamed on Sri Lanka's Tamil Tigers
- Sri Lankan Minister Killed in Suicide Bomb Attack,english.peopledaily.com.cn
- Protecting Parliamentarians A Dire Necessity
- Reuters AlertNet - CHRONOLOGY-Attacks blamed on Sri Lanka's Tamil Tigers
- Failed Attempt: Suicide Attack or Peace Process?
- The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism, ROBERT A. PAPE The University of Chicago, American Political Science Review Vol. 97, No. 3 August 2003, Page No 16
- Monument in honour of old Royalists who have made the supreme sacrifice
- Northerners receive new lease of life
- Nation bids farewell to the late minister and his wife
- Sri Lankan Minister Killed in Suicide Bomb Attack
|This article about a Sri Lankan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|