CDH Investment Bank
|Franklin Kennedy (Chairman), Misheck Esau (Managing Director)|
|Products||Loans, Savings, Transaction accounts, Investments, Debit cards, Credit cards, Mortgages|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$151,000 (MWK:40 million) (2010)|
|Total assets||US$40.5 million (MWK:10.7 billion) (2010)|
Number of employees
CDH Investment Bank, commonly referred to as CDHIB, is an investment bank in Malawi. It is one of the banks licensed by the Reserve Bank of Malawi, the national banking regulator. The bank is the 12th bank to open in Malawi. The bank, is a subsidiary of CDH Holdings Limited, which in turn is a subsidiary of TransAfrica Holdings Limited, a financial services group, headquartered in Mauritius. Other companies in the CDH group include, CDH Asset Management Limited, CDH Commodities Limited, CDH Capital Limited and CDH Properties Limited.
CDHIB is a small services provider in Malawi. As of December 2010[update], the bank's total assets were valued at about US$40.5 million (MWK:13.7 billion), with shareholders' equity valued at approximately US$4.2 million (MWK:1.400 million).
CDHIB was founded in 1998 as Continental Discount House Limited (CDH), which has operated in the financial sector since August that year. In May 2011, CDH was granted a banking license by the Reserve Bank of Malawi. The institution dropped the discount house license it previously held, but continues to offer almost all services it used to under the discount house licence, like trading financial instruments and corporate financial advisory. It then rebranded to CDH Investment Bank. In April 2012, CDHIB commenced commercial and investment banking business by opening its main branch in Blantyre, the largest city in the country and a second branch in Lilongwe, the capital of Malawi.
The shares of stock of CDH Investment Bank is privately owned by the following corporate entities:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Continental Holdings Limited of Malawi||71.00|
|2||Various local minorities Malawi||29.00|
As of June 2012[update], the bank maintains networked branches at the following locations:
- Main Branch - CDH House, 5 on Independence Drive, Blantyre
- Lilingwe Branch - City Mall, Mchinji Roundabout, Lilongwe
CDHIB maintains the following wholly owned subsidiaries:
- CDH Forex Bureau Limited - Malawi
- Board of Directors At CDH Investment Bank
- "Reserver Bank of Malawi: Application Error". www.rbm.mw. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Malawi's 12th Commercial Bank Opens Two Branches
- TransAfrica Holdings Limited
- Group Structure of CDH Holdings Limited
- December 2010 Financial Statement
- Continental Discount House Founded In 1998
- CDH Rebranded To CDHIB In April 2012
- "Overview of Malawi's Banking Sector In 2012". Face of Malawi. Apr 18, 2012.
- Shareholding In CDH Investment Bank