|Location||26 campuses, Canada|
CDI College is a private college in Canada. It offers programs in the business, technology and health care fields. There are 26 campus locations: 7 in British Columbia, 7 in Alberta, 1 in Manitoba, 6 in Ontario and 5 in Quebec. Since 2007, the school is owned by the Eminata Group, Inc.
CDI College offers programs in the areas of business, technology, health care, early childhood education, legal studies, and art & design. It operates in five provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec), employs over 900 teachers and staff, and has approximately 8,000 students.
Corinthian Colleges Inc. purchased CDI College in July 2003, though this only lasted for about four and a half years before CCi sold CDI College to the Eminata Group in December 2007. CCi retained its Ontario schools in the purchase deal and renamed them "Everest College", while all others were sold to the Eminata Group, Inc.
On November 8, 2007, the previous parent company completed the sale of substantially all the assets of its corporate training division, CDI Education for C$19 million (US$16 million) to CrossOff Incorporated.
Since 2007, new programs have been added and a new website was launched, allowing potential students to chat with school representatives and apply online.
In December 2012, seven CDI nursing students had their Practice Permits suspended by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta. Several Edmonton-based students later filed a lawsuit, claiming that their class activities in the nursing program included wheelchair racing, watching Netflix and learning human anatomy from colouring books. CDI College terminated the LPN program in 2013. They settled the lawsuit in 2018, paying out $1.88 million.
- "CDI College Campus Locations". Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Home - Manitoba Securities Commission".
- CCI sells campuses to Eminata Group News Release Dec. 2007
- CCI sells campuses to Eminata Group Archived 2015-02-19 at the Wayback Machine. News Release Dec. 14, 2007
- Ramsay, Caley. "Students voice concerns over nursing program at CDI College".
- "Edmonton CDI College Diplomas Void: Several Nurses In Edmonton-Area Lose Licence Over Issuing Error". TheHuffingtonPost.com. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Edmonton nursing students sue private college". CBC Edmonton. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Nolais, Jeremy. "Calgary Liberal MLA calls on province to investigate CDI College". Metro.ca. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Alberta Liberals support complaints by CDI students". CBC. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Fournier, Ariel. "Almost $1.9M settlement in lawsuit launched by Edmonton nursing students against CDI College". CBC. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- Official website (in English) (in French)
|This Canadian university, college, or tertiary institution–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|