CHIJ Saint Joseph's Convent
|CHIJ Saint Joseph's Convent|
|62 Sengkang East Way, Singapore|
|Motto||Simple In Virtue. Steadfast In Duty|
|Principal||Ms Susie Ho|
|Website||CHIJ St. Joseph's Convent|
The school was founded in 1938, as a private school in a rented house at Flower Road. Initially there were 21 pupils and three staff – comprising one nun from the Order of the Holy Infant Jesus and two teachers. Prior to World War II, the enrolment rose to 79 students.
After the war, the school reopened in 1945 in a bungalow lent to the school by a neighbour. New school buildings were erected at the original site in 1947, and at Hillside Drive in the 1950s.
The school taught both primary and secondary students until 1984. The school's primary classes were then moved out to form two new schools – CHIJ Ponggol (later renamed CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity) and CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel.
CHIJ St Joseph's Convent moved to a new campus in Sengkang in 2000.
- Sylvia Lim: Member of Parliament, Aljunied GRC; CEC member, Workers' Party of Singapore
- Jessica Tan: Member of Parliament, East Coast GRC
- Janet Ang: Country General Manager, IBM
- Trina Liang: Managing Director, Templebridge Investments; President, United Nations Women Singapore
- Debra Soon: Managing Director, Channel News Asia, Singapore.
- Dr Goh Li Meng: Head and Senior Consultant, Division of Paediatric Genetics & Metabolism
- Jeanette Ejlersen: Creative Director, Female fashion magazine
- Margaret Lee: Actress
- Mavis Ee: Former national swimmer
- Freida Lim: National diver, Bronze medalist in 2015 SEA Games
- Official Website