Hilari Scarl, CJ Jones and Bob Hiltermann
|Born||St. Louis, Missouri|
CJ Jones is a deaf American actor residing in Los Angeles. He is one of the subjects of See What I'm Saying: The Deaf Entertainers Documentary. Jones gave his first feature film performance in Edgar Wright's Baby Driver (2017), in which he portrays Joseph, the deaf foster father of Ansel Elgort's protagonist.
He has developed three one man shows that have toured the United States, Japan, Sweden, Australia, Ecuador, and Canada. He co-wrote and directed six classic fairy tales for children's television for the series Once Upon a Sign. CJ produced the International Sign Language Theater Festival, which hosted theater artists from all over the world. He has also appeared as token characters in various episodes of American TV series.
CJ Jones is the son of deaf parents who communicated in American Sign Language. One of seven hearing children born to the couple, he lost his hearing at the age of 7 when he fell ill with spinal meningitis. He attended Missouri School for the Deaf (MSD). Active in sports, he was voted class valedictorian. He remains active in deaf awareness causes and charities.
|2009||See What I'm Saying: The Deaf Entertainers Documentary||Himself||Documentary film|
|2017||Baby Driver||Joseph/Baby's deaf foster parent|
|2017||Door in the Woods||Uriah||Post-production|
|1991||A Different World||CJ||Episode: "A Word in Edgewise"|
|2003||Cold Case||Junkie||Episode: "The Runner"|
|2003||Frasier||Customer #1||Episode: "I'm Listening"|
|2007||Lincoln Heights||Luther||Episode: "House Arrest"|
- See What I'm Saying official website Archived 2011-08-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- See What I'm Saying trailer on Captionfish website
- Jeanette Catsoulis (April 9, 2010). "'Deaf, and Trying to Make It in Showbiz". The New York Times. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- See What I'm Saying: The Deaf Entertainers Documentary -- movie trailer
- Polowy, Kevin. "'Baby Driver' Breakout: How Scene-Stealing Deaf Actor CJ Jones Wowed Edgar Wright". Yahoo.com. Retrieved 1 August 2017.