This article needs to be updated.(February 2019)
Type of site
|Digital Resources Publishing|
|Available in||Chinese, English|
|Owner||Tongfang Knowledge Network Technology Co., Ltd.|
CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure, 中国知网) is a key national research and information publishing institution in China, led by Tsinghua University, and supported by PRC Ministry of Education, PRC Ministry of Science, Propaganda Department of the Chinese Communist Party and PRC General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP). This project was launched in 1996 by Tsinghua University and Tsinghua Tongfang Company. Its first database was China Academic Journals Full-text Database (CD version), which rapidly became popular in China, especially in academic libraries. In 1999, CNKI started to develop online databases. To date, CNKI has built a comprehensive China Integrated Knowledge Resources System, including journals, doctoral dissertations, masters' theses, proceedings, newspapers, yearbooks, statistical yearbooks, ebooks, patents and standards. 10 services centers have been established, in Beijing, North America, Japan, North Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong, and it is widely used by universities, research institutes, governments, think tanks, companies, hospitals and public libraries around the world. It also contains e-books for student usage.
CNKI continues to assimilate content and develop new products in two areas: full-text academic resources, software on digitization and knowledge management.[clarification needed] Began[clarification needed]with academic journals, CNKI has become the largest and most accessed academic online library in China.
In January 2013, CNKI became the second designated DOI agent in mainland China, after the Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China.
In June 1998, the China Academic Journals Electronic Publishing House (CAJEPH) was officially established, and the standardization system of Chinese academic journals was formally started.
In October 2006, the China Academic Journals Full-text Integrated Database was approved by GAPP.
In April 2008, CNKI signed a cooperation agreement with Springer.
In October 2009, CNKI announced the construct of an overseas digital library together with foreign partners at the 61st Frankfurt Book Fair.
In April 2012, the CNKI European User Forum was held in Market Focus area of the London Book Fair.
In November 2013, the CNKI Turkey Service Site was officially launched at the Istanbul Book Fair.
In September 2014, CNKI signed a cooperation contract with the International Journal of Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
In 2019, CNKI 2.0 was launched, which "makes fuller use of the Internet, big data and artificial intelligence" 
In May 2020, access controls to the academic resources database were tightened after a researcher in India drew public attention to a paper on six miners sickened by a possible forerunner of SARS-CoV-2.
- China Knowledge Resource Integrated Database http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/
- China Academic Journals Full-text Database (1994–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CJFD
- China Doctoral Dissertations Full-text Database
- China Masters' Theses Full-text Database
- China Proceedings of Conferences Full-text Database
- International Proceedings of Conferences Full-text Database
- China Core Newspapers Full-text Database (2000–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CCND
- China Yearbooks Full-text Database (1949–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CYFD
- China Economy and Information Database
- China Government Gazettes Full-text Database
- China Legal Knowledge Integrated Database
- China Liberal Arts/Culture Journals Full-text Database
- China Patents Full-text Database
- China Reference Works Online
- China Standards Full-text Database
- China Statistical Yearbooks Full-text Database
- China STM Focus
- Chinese Citation Database
- CNKI Journal Translation Project
- Digital Collection on China Studies
- E-read China
- International Relations Studies Database
- The National Population Census of China Database
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Knowledge Service Platform
- Academic Misconduct Literature Check
- CAJ viewer, a viewer CAJ files (.caj, similar to PDF), http://cajviewer.cnki.net/ (in Chinese)
- Digitization System
- Dissertation Submission System
- Integrated Solution for Digital Library
- KBase Full-text Database Management System
- KSpider Information Scraping System
- TPI Information resource Collection and Management System
- 吴, 宇红 (April 2005). "CNKI and Utilization". 晋图学刊 (in Chinese). Shan Xi Library Journal (4): 78–79+84.
- "CNKI发展研究 — Study on the Development of CNKI". doi:10.3969/j.issn.1007-7634.2005.04.033. Cite journal requires
- "Commercial website registration file" (in Chinese). Beijing Administration for Industry & Commerce. 2005-02-20. Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- "DOI news" (PDF). International DOI Foundation. January 2013.
- "IJMESS Indexing/ Abstracting/ E-Libraries and Search Coverage".
- "中国知网CNKI 2.0 知识创新服务运行模式 (China Knowledge Network CNKI 2.0 Knowledge Innovation Service Operation Model)" (PDF). CNKI导报 (CNKI Newsletter) (in Chinese). 《CNKI导报》编辑部 (CNKI Newsletter editorial office) (37): 5. 2019-12-18. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media, Newsweek, 2 June 2021
|Library resources about |