This article needs to be updated.February 2019)(
Type of site
|Digital Resources Publishing|
|Available in||Chinese, English|
|Owner||Tongfang Knowledge Network Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Alexa rank||2303（February 2016[update]）|
CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure, 中国知网) is a key national information construction project under the lead of Tsinghua University, and supported by PRC Ministry of Education, PRC Ministry of Science, Propaganda Department of the Communist Party of China and PRC General Administration of Press and Publication. This project was firstly launched in 1996 by Tsinghua University and Tsinghua Tongfang Company. The first database was China Academic Journals Full-text Database (CD version), which became popular in China rapidly, especially in academic libraries. In 1999, CNKI started to develop online databases. Until now, CNKI has built a comprehensive China Integrated Knowledge Resources System, including journals, doctoral dissertations, masters' theses, proceedings, newspapers, yearbooks, statistical yearbooks, ebooks, patents, standards and so on. 10 services centers have been set in Beijing, North America, Japan, North Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. And it is widely used by universities, research institutes, governments, think tanks, companies, hospitals and public libraries around the world. Also, it contains more and more e-books which are needed by students who need the professional resources.
CNKI keeps integrating new contents and developing new products in 2 aspects: full-text academic resources, software on digitization and knowledge management. Began with academic journals, CNKI has become the largest and mostly-used academic online library in China.
In January 2013, CNKI was designated as the second agent of DOI in mainland China by International DOI Foundation, and the first one was Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China.
In June 1998, China Academic Journals Electronic Publishlng House (CAJEPH) was officially established, and the standardization system of Chinese academic journals was formally started.
In October 2006, China Academic Journals Full-text Integrated Database passed the review and acceptance of GAPP.
In April 2008, CNKI signed a cooperation contract with Springer.
In October 2009, CNKI unveiled the construction project of overseas digital library together with world-famous foreign partners in the 61st Frankfurt Book Fair.
In April 2012, CNKI European User Forum was held in Market Focus area of the London Book Fair.
In November 2013, CNKI Turkey Service Site was officially launched in the Istanbul Book Fair, with China being the Guest of Honor.
In September 2014, CNKI signed a cooperation contract with International Journal of Management, Economics, and Social Sciences.
In August 2015, Luo Fuhe, deputy chairman of CPPCC, visited CNKI booth during the 22nd Beijing International Book Fair.
- China Knowledge Resource Integrated Database http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/
- China Academic Journals Full-text Database (1994–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CJFD
- China Doctoral Dissertations Full-text Database
- China Masters' Theses Full-text Database
- China Proceedings of Conferences Full-text Database
- International Proceedings of Conferences Full-text Database
- China Core Newspapers Full-text Database (2000–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CCND
- China Yearbooks Full-text Database (1949–) http://oversea.cnki.net/kns55/brief/result.aspx?dbPrefix=CYFD
- China Economy and Information Database
- China Government Gazettes Full-text Database
- China Legal Knowledge Integrated Database
- China Liberal Arts/Culture Journals Full-text Database
- China Patents Full-text Database
- China Reference Works Online
- China Standards Full-text Database
- China Statistical Yearbooks Full-text Database
- China STM Focus
- Chinese Citation Database
- CNKI Journal Translation Project
- Digital Collection on China Studies
- E-read China
- International Relations Studies Database
- The National Population Census of China Database
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Knowledge Service Platform http://eng.tcm.cnki.net/ (Chinese: http://gb.tcm.cnki.net/)
- Academic Misconduct Literature Check
- CAJ viewer, a viewer CAJ files (.caj, similar to PDF), http://cajviewer.cnki.net/ (in Chinese)
- Digitization System
- Dissertation Submission System
- Integrated Solution for Digital Library
- KBase Full-text Database Management System
- KSpider Information Scraping System
- TPI Information resource Collection and Management System
- "cnki.net: Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix, and Traffic". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- 吴, 宇红 (April 2005). "CNKI and Utilization". 晋图学刊 (in Chinese). Shan Xi Library Journal (4): 78–79+84.
- "CNKI发展研究 — Study on the Development of CNKI". doi:10.3969/j.issn.1007-7634.2005.04.033. Cite journal requires
- "Commercial website registration file" (in Chinese). Beijing Administration for Industry & Commerce. 2005-02-20. Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- "DOI news" (PDF). International DOI Foundation. January 2013.
- "IJMESS Indexing/ Abstracting/ E-Libraries and Search Coverage".
|Library resources about |