Alves in 2011
January 28, 1982 |
Itambacuri, Minas Gerais, Brazil
|Spouse(s)||Matthew McConaughey (m. 2012)|
|Height||5 ft, 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dress size||4 US/6 UK/34 EU|
|Shoe size||8 US/39 EU|
|Manager||Major Model Management|
She was raised by her mother, an artist and designer, and her father, a farmer. Alves arrived in Los Angeles at the age of fifteen to visit her aunt, and stayed. After working for four years as a house-cleaner and waitress, she successfully learned English and decided to make the United States her home.
At the age of 19, Alves moved to New York to pursue a career as a fashion model. Alves and her mother design the Muxo line of handbags, which were conceived after experimenting for three years with styles and designs. In 2010, Alves hosted the Bravo network's third season of its reality television show Shear Genius.
Alves met American actor Matthew McConaughey in 2006. The couple became engaged on Christmas Day 2011, and were married on June 9, 2012 in Austin, Texas, where they reside. They have three children: son Levi (born 2008), daughter Vida (born 2010) and son Livingston (born 2012). On August 4, 2015, Alves naturalized as a U.S. citizen.
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves Wedding". People.com. June 10, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- "Camila Alves". Fashion model directory.
- "Happy to say I now hold an American passport! I have so much respect and appreciation for this country. #newuscitizen". Twitter. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Garcia, Jennifer (June 16, 2008). "Camila Alves". Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "Camila Alves". FashionModelDirectory.com.
- Ferrara, Toni (November 2011). "Camila Alves: True Goddess". Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine. Archived from the original on December 26, 2011.
- "Brazilian model Camila Alves shows off bags in Boca Raton". Miami Herald. March 19, 2009. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "New host talks off the coif about 'Shear Genius' do over". Boston Herald. February 3, 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "Matthew McConaughey"s baby named". The New Zealand Herald. December 31, 2012.
- Macaluso, Beth Anne (June 10, 2012). "Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves!". Us Weekly.
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves engaged". CNN.com. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- "Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves welcome son Levi". People.com. July 8, 2008. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves Welcome Daughter Vida". People.com. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Matthew and Camila McConaughey Welcome Son Livingston". People.com. December 28, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camila Alves.|