Alves at The Heart Truth in February 2011
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
Matthew McConaughey (m. 2012)
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Agency||Uno Models (Barcelona) |
Camila Alves was born in Brazil and raised there until the age of fifteen. Her mother is an artist and designer, and her father, a farmer. At fifteen, Alves traveled to Los Angeles to visit her aunt and decided to stay. After working for four years as a house-cleaner and waitress, she became fluent in English and decided to make the United States her home.
At the age of 19, Alves moved to New York City to pursue a career as a fashion model. Alves and her mother design the Muxo line of handbags, developing their design after experimenting for three years with styles and designs. In 2010, Alves hosted the third season of the Bravo network reality television series Shear Genius.
In January 2016, Alves launched a lifestyle website, Women of Today, that serves as a hub for her social media, live stream video program, Camila's Code, and blog posts on food, health, crafts & décor, style, family and work life. Alves is also the co-owner of the organic food company, Yummy Spoonfuls, which launched its product line for babies and toddlers in Target's frozen food section in 2016.
Alves met American actor Matthew McConaughey in 2006. The couple became engaged on Christmas Day in 2011 and were married on June 9, 2012 in Austin, Texas, where they reside. They have three children: son Levi (born July 7, 2008), daughter Vida (born January 3, 2010), and son Livingston (born December 28, 2012).
- "The Next DIY Guru? Camila Alves Launches Lifestyle Site for Women (with Recipes!)".
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves Wedding". People.com. June 10, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- "Camila Alves". Fashion model directory.
- Garcia, Jennifer (June 16, 2008). "Camila Alves". People. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "Happy to say I now hold an American passport! I have so much respect and appreciation for this country. #newuscitizen". Twitter. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Camila Alves and Emily Blunt leave court after becoming US citizens".
- "Camila Alves". FashionModelDirectory.com.
- Ferrara, Toni (March 30, 2011). "Camila Alves: True Goddess". Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine.
- "Brazilian model Camila Alves shows off bags in Boca Raton". Miami Herald. March 19, 2009. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "New host talks off the coif about 'Shear Genius' do over". Boston Herald. February 3, 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "Matthew McConaughey"s baby named". The New Zealand Herald. December 31, 2012.
- "Matthew McConaughey's Wife Camila Alves Brings Her Crafty DIY Talents To The Internet — Check Out Her New Lifestyle Blog".
- Camila Alves Launches Premium – and Affordable! – Organic Baby Food Line for Target. People.com (May 24, 2016)
- Macaluso, Beth Anne (June 10, 2012). "Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves!". Us Weekly.
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves engaged". CNN.com. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- "Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves welcome son Levi". People.com. July 8, 2008. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves Welcome Daughter Vida". People.com. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Matthew and Camila McConaughey Welcome Son Livingston". People.com. December 28, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camila Alves.|