|First issue||September 6, 2005|
|Company||Condé Nast Publications|
Men's Vogue was a monthly men's magazine that covered fashion, design, art, culture, sports and technology. On October 30, 2008 Condé Nast announced that they intended to fold the magazine into Vogue proper as a bi-annual subscriber's supplement. However, the magazine has ceased to be published since its original folding date.
The magazine featured a profile of George Clooney in its inaugural issue. Since then, other stars including Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Denzel Washington, Kiefer Sutherland, Viggo Mortensen, Tony Blair and Barack Obama have been featured on the cover. The magazine received praise for its December 2007 issue, with Will Smith on the cover, for celebrating African-American men.
The magazine featured celebrities, athletes, powerbrokers, and lesser known men of style. Areas covered included art and architecture, travel and food, politics and finance, books and sports, custom tailoring and fine watches, and other topics. The magazine added a tag line below its logo in November 2008 (its final issue), "Style is how you live."
The magazine presented a yearly list of its chosen American visionaries. Recipients of the 2007 recognition included Ralph Lauren, actor Owen Wilson and director Wes Anderson. It also featured profiles in each issue of everyday stylish and successful men in its Life Studies section.
In addition to the American edition, international versions of Men's Vogue include:
Vogue Hommes International in France (launched in 1985, published bi-annually in Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer issues)
L'Uomo Vogue in Italy (Launched in September 1967). This edition is the first "Men's Vogue" published by Condé Nast. (published monthly)
Vogue Man Nederland (launched in September 2015)
Vogue Hommes Japan (launched in September 2008, defunct as of 2012 and relaunched as GQ Style in 2013)
Vogue Hombre in Mexico (bi-annual issues/supplements in November and June)
Vogue Men Turkiye (launched in June 2012)
Vogue Man in India (launched in May 2008, defunct and relaunched as GQ India)
Men's Vogue China (launched in April 2008, defunct as of 2012)
Vogue Homem in Brazil (launched in May 2006, defunct as of 2011 and relaunched as GQ Brazil)
- – "George Clooney: Here Comes Trouble" Archived 13 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Roger Federer is Courting History" Archived 9 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Inside Tiger Woods's Private World" Archived 9 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Denzel Washington's Killer Instincts" Archived 4 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Viggo Mortensen, The Great Dane" Archived 26 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Tony Blair's Exit Interview" Archived 14 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Barack Obama's Path to Power" Archived 16 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Diversity and ''Men's Vogue''". Huffington Post. November 16, 2007. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- – "Will Smith Saves Humanity One Movie at a Time" Archived 15 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "13 American Visionaries" Archived 12 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "How Ralph Lauren came to have the world's greatest car collection" Archived 12 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Owen and Wes: The Wonder Boys" Archived 13 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- – "Life Studies in Men's Vogue" Archived 15 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.