From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Canards)
|Look up canard in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Canard is French for duck, a type of aquatic bird. In English and in French a canard may mean an unfounded rumor or story.
Canard may refer to:
- Canard, Nova Scotia, Canada, a group of hamlets and villages
- Canard River, a river in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Rivière-aux-Canards (River of the ducks), a village in New France (now Canada) from 1670 until 1755
- Marius Canard (1888–1982), French Orientalist and historian
- Nicolas-François Canard (c. 1750 – 1833), French mathematician and economist
- Canard (aeronautics), either a small wing mounted in front of an aircraft's main wings, or an aircraft so configured
- Aviafiber Canard 2FL, a single seat recreational aircraft of canard design
- Blériot V canard, an early French aircraft built by Louis Blériot in 1907, and one of the first monoplanes
- Fabre Hydravion or Le Canard, a French experimental floatplane which first flew in 1910
- Voisin Canard, aircraft developed by the Voisin brothers
- Antisemitic canard, a false story inciting antisemitism
- Canard Pars, fictional character from the Japanese science fiction manga series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray
- Canard PC, a French magazine devoted to computer gaming
- Le Canard enchaîné ("The Chained Duck"), French satirical newspaper
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Canard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.