Cannabis City is an American recreational marijuana retail store located in Seattle, Washington. The store, located in the SoDo neighborhood south of downtown, opened on July 8, 2014, and was the first of its kind in that city. The store is owned by James Lathrop, a Doctor of Nursing Practice, and a U.S. Desert Storm war veteran. In July, the store was asked to submit historical paraphernalia to Seattle's Museum of History and Industry for preservation.
- Uncle Ike's Pot Shop, the second legal cannabis retail establishment in Seattle
- "Shop in Sodo district could be first of its kind in Seattle". Q13 FOX News. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Alison Vekshin and Peter Robison (July 8, 2014). "Washington's Pot Debut Slowed as 7% of Licenses Are Approved". Bloomberg News. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "Dopeless in Seattle: legalised cannabis prompts pot shortage". The Daily Telegraph. July 8, 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "Officially history: First marijuana bought in Seattle donated to MOHAI". The Pot Blog. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "MOHAI receives grandmother's donation of first legal pot sold in Seattle". The Seattle Times. Retrieved October 29, 2014.