|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|listed Società per Azioni|
|Fate||absorbed by UniCredit|
|Founded||1 July 2002|
|Profit||€1.162 billion (2006)|
|Total assets||€137.132 billion (2006)|
|Total equity||€9.717 billion (2006)|
|Footnotes / references
Capitalia was an Italian banking group headquartered in Rome. The bank was a listed company in Borsa Italiana (Milan Stock Exchange). The bank was acquired by UniCredit by issuing news shares of UniCredit for shares of Capitalia.
Capitalia was formed on 1 July 2002 in a merger of Banca di Roma (and its subsidiary Banco di Sicilia and Mediocredito Centrale) and Bipop Carire (and its subsidiary Fineco). In the same year the bank sold 10 branches from Apulia, Campania and Molise regions to Banca Popolare di Puglia e Basilicata.
Merger with UniCredit
- As of 31 December 2006 
- retail banks:
- Commercial, investment and merchant banks:
- Capitalia Merchant S.p.A.
- Capitalia Partecipazioni S.p.A.
- Capitalia Sofipa SGR S.p.A. (ex-MCC Sofipa SGR)
- Capitalia Asset Management SGR S.p.A.
- Capitalia Investimenti Alternativi SGR S.p.A. (95% stake, other 5% FinecoBank)
- Capitalia Luxembourg S.A. (99.99% stake, ex-Banca di Roma International)
- Eurofinance 2000
- FinecoLeasing S.p.A. (99.99% stake)
- Fineco Finance Limited
- Fineco Mutui S.p.A. (subsidiary of FinecoBank)
- Fineco Verwaltung
- Fondi Immobiliari Italiani SGR (51.55% stake)
- IRFIS – Mediocredito della Sicilia (subsidiary of Banco di Sicilia for 76.25% stake)
- Immobiliari Piemonte (subsidiary of MCC)
- Mediocredito Centrale
- common service companies:
- Capitalia Informatica S.p.A.
- Capitalia Service JV S.r.l.
- Capitalia Solutions (51% stake)
- minority interests
- As of 31 December 2006
- shareholders with >2% stake
- ABN AMRO Group (8.59%)
- Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Roma (5.02%)
- Fondazione Manodori (4.13%)
- Fondiaria-Sai Group (3.51%)
- Sicily Region (2.84%)
- Fondazione Banco di Sicilia (2.73%)
- Libyan Foreign Bank (2.58%)
- Assicurazioni Generali (2.35%)
- Tosinvest (2.10%)
- "Italian deal creates bank giant". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 20 May 2007. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "2002 Bilancio" (PDF). Capitalia (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 9 April 2003. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "2006 Bilancio" (PDF). Capitalia (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
|This Italian bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|