|Owner||London Stock Exchange Group|
|Key people||Andrea Sironi (Chairman)
Raffaele Jerusalmi (CEO)
|No. of listings||353|
|Market cap||US$645 billion|
FTSE Italia All-Share
FTSE Italia Mid Cap
FTSE Italia Small Cap
FTSE AIM Italia
Borsa Italiana S.p.A., based in Milan, is Italy's stock exchange. It manages and organises domestic market, regulating procedures for admission and listing of companies and intermediaries and supervising disclosures for listed companies.
Following exchange privatisation in 1997, the Company was established and became effective since January 2, 1998. It is now a subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange Group plc since June 23, 2007.
In 2015, overall capitalisation for listed company on Borsa Italiana was worth €465Bln, representing % of Italian GDP.
Borsa Italiana is also informally known as Piazza Affari ("Business Square"), after the city square of Milan where its headquarters (the Palazzo Mezzanotte building) is located.
It operated under public ownership until 1998, when it was privatized
Borsa Italiana acts as a market management firm operating with autonomy and flexibility. It organises and manages the domestic stock market along with Italian and international brokers through fully electronic trading system. Among its leading tasks, Borsa Italiana supervises listed companies, defining rules for admission and listings and supervising transaction activities.
The exchange has pre-market sessions from 08:00am to 09:00am, normal trading sessions from 09:00am to 05:30pm and post-market sessions from 06:00pm to 08:30pm on all days of the week except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays declared by the Exchange in advance.
Major trading markets for Borsa Italiana are:
- MTA, the leading equity market, which is devoted to mid and large-size companies. It includes two segments: STAR, for mid-sized firms, and MTA International, on which shares from non-Italian issuers already listed on other European markets are traded;
- AIM Italia, which collects stocks by small and medium high-growth companies;
- MIV (Market For Investment Vehicles), on which retail and professional investors operates on investment vehicles which have a defined strategic vision;
Borsa Italiana's main indices are:
- FTSE Italia All Share
- FTSE MIB, a capitalisation-weighted index of 40 of the biggest companies chosen to represent 10 economic sectors, created in 2009
- FTSE Italia Mid Cap
- FTSE Italia Small Cap
for a full list see Category:Companies listed on the Borsa Italiana:
- italy24.ilsole4ore.com, “Borsa Italiana” (http://www.italy24.ilsole24ore.com/art/lexicon/2015-01-23/borsa-italiana-173534.php?uuid=ABNEc5iC&order=oldest)
- source sense.com, “Borsa Italiana” (https://www.sourcesense.com/en/portfolio/borsa-italiana/)
- news.bbc.co.uk “London Stock Exchange Buys Borsa” (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6233196.stm)
- borsaitaliana.it, 2015 Highlights (http://www.borsaitaliana.it/borsaitaliana/ufficio-stampa/comunicati-stampa/2015/2015highlights.en.htm)
- lseg.com, Board (http://www.lseg.com/about-london-stock-exchange-group/london-stock-exchange-group-board)
- History Tour – Borsa Italiana
- "Historical Stages". Borsa Italiana.[dead link]
- "Borsa Italiana and London Stock Exchange Combine (archived 20.11.2007)". Archived from the original on November 20, 2007.
- competitionpolicyinternational.com, EU: LSE and Deutsche Börse officially announce merger (https://www.competitionpolicyinternational.com/eu-lse-and-deutsche-borse-officially-announce-merger/)
- borsaitaliana.it, Chi siamo (http://www.borsaitaliana.it/borsaitaliana/chi-siamo/chi-siamo.en.htm)
- Market Hours, Italian Stock Exchange via Wikinvest
- lseg.com, Our Markets (http://www.lseg.com/areas-expertise/our-markets/borsa-italiana/equities-markets/trading/mta)
- lseg.com, Our Markets (http://www.lseg.com/areas-expertise/our-markets/borsa-italiana/equities-markets/trading/aim-–-mercato-alternativo-del-capitale)
- lseg.com, Our Markets (http://www.lseg.com/areas-expertise/our-markets/borsa-italiana/equities-markets/trading/miv-trading)
- lseg.com, Our Markets (http://www.lseg.com/areas-expertise/our-markets/borsa-italiana/derivatives-markets/idem-equity)
- lseg.com, Our Markets (http://www.lseg.com/areas-expertise/our-markets/borsa-italiana/fixed-income-markets/mot)
- borsaitaliana.it, Gli indici (http://www.borsaitaliana.it/borsa/azioni/tutti-gli-indici.html?lang=en)
- strategystocks.co.uk, Milan Stock Exchange: The Italian Index (http://www.strategystocks.co.uk/milan-stock-exchange-italian-index.html)
- Borsa Italiana MIB30 index methodology