Capturas del Único Camino
|Capturas del Único Camino|
|Studio album by|
|Released||10 December 2014|
|Genre||Electroacoustic, Avant Garde, Minimalism, Ambient|
|Label||Concepto Cero , Inkilino Records|
|Norman Records||8/10 |
|Club del Disco||(month selection) |
|Tabs Out||(artwork of the month selection) |
Capturas del Único Camino, Damián Anache's first solo album, reveals a recording of a generative piece performed using an algorithm created by himself. The designed software (developed on Pure Data language) manipulates different kinds on sonic materials consisting of: acoustic instruments (played by the composer); sounds generated by his mouth and vocal tract (also by the same composer); sounds created by synthesis techniques; and other recordings of sounds generated by water. This interpretation algorithm involves a list of directions and actions subjected by random choices according to a model proposed for the piece's first section score (printed score included in physical editions). Furthermore, be noted that although the piece is presented as a CD Audio, the same piece is developed in other formats such as audiovisual installation.
- "Paisaje primero" - 14:15
- "Paisaje propio" - 14:15
- "Paisaje artificial" - 14:15
- "Paisaje natural" - 15:08
Format, codification and digital release
The piece was created using Ambisonics, the surround sound technique. CD version is UHJ encoded for stereo compatibility, as well as the digital release which is also available for download at 48 kHz 24 bit. B-format version was announced to be released "soon" on composer's instagram account.
Composition, image generation and packaging concept by Damian Anache. Realization of packaging and design by Emmanuel Orezzo. Executive Producer: Nicolas Madoery. co-executive-producer: Nicolás Varchausky. This publication was supported by the research project "Spatial sound synthesis in electroacoustic music", directed by Oscar Pablo Di Liscia, National University of Quilmes 2013-2015.
The album has Europe and North American (TBA) reissues. Both offers different generative versions of the piece.
|Country||Label||Cat. No.||Media||Release Date|
|Argentina||Concepto Cero & Inkilino Records||CCL011 - IR003||CD||2014|
|Europe||Must Die Records||MDR042||CASEETTE||2016|
|US||Already Dead Tapes||AD202||CASEETTE||2016|
Capturas... has been exposed in different formats: as audiovisual installation, sound art installation, tape electroacoustic music piece (at speaker concerts) and also as live performance music. Those events were:
- La Semana del Sonido, at Centro Cultural Roberto Fontanarrosa , Rosario, Santa Fé, Argentina (May, 2014), tape music for 12 speakers 3D surround system.
- Sintesis Espacial de Sonido concert, at CMMAS (Centro Mexicano para la Música y las Artes Sonoras), Morelia, México (August, 2014), tape music for 8 speakers surround system.
- MUSLAB's Jardín Sonoro, Espacio Sonoro UAM-X (Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, DF, Mexico) (October, 2014), tape music.
- Album release show at C'est La Vié, La Plata, Argentina (November, 2014), realtime audiovisual installation with 4 speakers surround system.
- Retratos de Ideas outdoors event at National University of Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina (December, 2014), realtime sound art installation with 4 speakers surround system.
- ICMC, International Computer Music Conference 41 edition concert at North Texas University, Denton, Texas, USA (October, 2015), tape music.
- EMU Fest, International Electroacoustic Music Festival at Santa Cecilia, Rome, Italy (October, 2015), tape music for more than 20 speaker 3D surround system.
- Lenguajes Sonoros concert series at MAR (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Mar del Plata), Buenos Aires, Argentina, (November, 2015), live performance audiovisual concert.
- in Deference (Claire Walmsley and Jayne Simpson exhibition) opening night, at Abindgon Studios, Blackpool, UK (January, 2016), tape music.
- http://blog.redpanal.org/2015/05/11/damian-anache/[permanent dead link]
- 23 feb 2015 https://instagram.com/damiananache/p/zdYvyXmBH3/[permanent dead link]
- album's official microsite
- composer's official website
- Concepto Cero
- Inkilino Records
- Already Dead Tapes
- Must Die Records
- Capturas del Único Camino at Discogs
- "Damián Anache turns space and mathematics into instruments, creating sparse, airy soundscapes that constantly flow like the passing of time (...) Sit back, relax, and listen." Chuck Foster, The Big Takeover #77, New York City, USA
- "Música contemporánea sensible con el foco puesto en el tiempo y el espacio." Club del Disco, Argentina
- "A slowly moving, meditative piece that hardly evolves as it progresses but instead lulls one into a mysteriously captivating world." Gareth Watkin, Echoes and Dust, UK
- "Capturas del Unico Camino is a meditative work that drifts peacefully and which invites the listener to respond to it with both attention and distraction" Textura No.125, Canada
- "This beautiful piece of music is not to be missed" Bryon Hayes, Decoder Magazine, USA
- "Capturas del Unico Camino certainly has a lot going on but it’s a subtle and soothing album of great depth." Norman Records, UK
- "Anache's mathematica levert warmbloedige klanken op die het midden houden tussen de ietwat steriele ambient van Eno en Feldmans werk voor piano." Sven Schlijper, KindaMuzik, Holland
- "Damián Anache has created a curiously soothing yet complex realm in his debut recording." Wajobu, USA
- "A bright natural, ever-changing yet also constant sound painting, a pleasure to have it playing in the background " Peter Van Cooten, Ambientblog, Holland
- "The space between the isolated notes is essential to maintain the solitude and tranquility of the abstract and rather surreal sound paintings." Bert Strolenberg, Sonic Immersion, The Netherlands
- "One could say this is the perfect ambient release, exactly as Brian Eno it once intended. It offers a pleasant sound environment from a more modern classical point of view." Vital Weekly, The Netherlands
- "This is a brave and ambitious record that really pushes the boundaries of how music can be made." Tomatrax, Australia
- "Un peculiare itinerario tra formazione classica e contemporaneità del soundscaping." Raffaello Russo, Music won't save you, Italy
- "Atípica combinación de elementos tecnológicos, artísticos, académicos y artesanales." Jose Lomo, Capricho de Mamiferos, Spain
- "you can certainly think of it as a choose-your-own-adventure style piece of music where each listen can provide a different story." Raised by Gypsies, USA
- "Sparse and intense. Ambient music for AI." Lost in a sea of sound, USA
- "What the future of classical music might look like." Floorshime Zipper Boots blog, USA
- "Damian Anache’s music feels akin to poetry. With the right sound in the right place the pieces are precise." Beach Sloth blog, USA