Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up card in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Card or The Card may refer to:
People with the name
Arts and entertainment
- Playing card, a card used in games
- "The Card" (The New Twilight Zone), a TV episode
- The Card, a 1911 novel by Arnold Bennett
- "The Card", an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 6)
- The Card, a 2012 novel written by Graham Rawle
- Arizona Cardinals, a National Football League team nicknamed the "Cards"
- St. Louis Cardinals, a Major League Baseball team nicknamed the "Cards"
- Louisville Cardinals, the sports teams of the University of Louisville, nicknamed the "Cards"
- Woking F.C., an association football club, based in Surrey, England, nicknamed the "Cards"
- Printed circuit board
- Punched card, a piece of stiff paper that holds digital data represented by the presence or absence of holes in predefined positions.
- Greeting card, an illustrated piece of card stock featuring an expression of friendship or other sentiment
- , in mathematical notation, a function that returns the cardinality of a set
- Card, a tool for carding, the cleaning and aligning of fibers
- Cards (iOS), a card-making application on iOS
- Cards Corp, a South Korean internet company
As an acronym
Finance and government
- Community Assistance for Reconstruction, Development, and Stabilisation (CARDS) programme, the European Union's main financial assistance instrument to the western Balkans
- Credit CARD Act of 2009 (Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act of 2009), signed into law in 2009 by President Obama
Healthcare and science
- Caspase recruitment domain or CARD domain, an interaction motif found in a wide array of proteins
- Center for Autism and Related Disorders, an applied behavior analysis provider
- Wolfson Centre for Age-Related Diseases
- The Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database (CARD)
Other uses of the acronym
- Campaign Against Racial Discrimination, British organization, founded in 1964, that lobbied for race relations legislation
- American Committee for Devastated France (Comité Américain pour les Régions Dévastées de France), an organization of American women volunteers who helped France recover from World War I
- Collegiate Aerial Robotics Demonstration, a college-level FIRST competition
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cards.|