Christian denominations (or members thereof) which dissented from the Church of England during the 16th to the 18th centuries, based mostly on their opposition to State interference in religious matters. They were also known as Nonconformists.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► English Caroline nonconforming clergy (25 P)
- ► Ejected English ministers of 1662 (143 P)
- ► Fifth Monarchists (18 P)
- ► English Jacobean nonconforming clergy (16 P)
Pages in category "English Dissenters"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Samuel Badcock
- Thomas Barnes (MP)
- Thomas Barnes (Unitarian)
- Richard Baron (dissenting minister)
- George Beaumont (minister)
- Richard Biscoe
- William Blake
- Samuel Bourn
- Samuel Bourn the Younger
- Eddowes Bowman
- Benjamin Bowring
- John Bradford (dissenting minister)
- Joseph Bretland
- British Anabaptism
- Simon Browne
- George Burnett (writer)