|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hoaxes.|
Hoaxes are attempts to make people believe unlikely things. Unlike confidence tricks, money is not usually involved, but the trickster may try to play practical jokes, expose gullible people or annoy political or artistic rivals.
This category includes notable proven hoaxes and incidents determined to be hoaxes by reliable sources. An article's inclusion on this list is not intended to disparage the authenticity of the report, but to denote that it is in general considered, or evidenced, as having being created as a hoax, or was known to be false (or a joke) as created.
This category has the following 26 subcategories, out of 26 total.
- ► April Fools' Day (1 C, 21 P, 1 F)
- ► Internet hoaxes (2 C, 80 P)
- ► Journalistic hoaxes (1 C, 71 P)
- ► Linguistic hoaxes (7 P)
- ► Musical hoaxes (47 P)
- ► Nonexistent people used in hoaxes (51 P)
- ► Written fiction presented as fact (15 P)
Pages in category "Hoaxes"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).