Category:Imprisonment and detention
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imprisonment and detention.|
This category contains articles about depriving people of their liberty in any context, whether as pre-trial detention, punishment for committing crimes, extrajudicial punishment, prisoners of war, arbitrary arrest and detention, internment, extraordinary rendition, extrajudicial detention, forced disappearances (temporary or permanent), or otherwise.
- For articles specifically about prison sentences imposed as judicial punishment, see the subcategory, Penal imprisonment.
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Penal imprisonment (17 C, 42 P)
- ► Bail (1 C, 13 P)
- ► Forced disappearance (5 C, 43 P)
- ► Overturned convictions (5 C, 30 P)
- ► Parole (3 C, 19 P)
- ► Physical restraint (2 C, 61 P)
- ► Political imprisonment (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Prison music (1 C, 22 P)
- ► Prison reform (2 C, 31 P)
- ► Prison researchers (1 P)
- ► Prison sexuality (1 C, 7 P)
- ► Prisoners and detainees (24 C, 13 P)
- ► Prisoners' and ex-prisoners' rights (2 C, 2 P)
- ► Prisons (29 C, 33 P)
Pages in category "Imprisonment and detention"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Penal colony
- Perimeter security
- Political abuse of psychiatry
- Political abuse of psychiatry in Russia
- Political prisoner
- Popular center of remembrance
- Preventive detention
- Prison blogs
- Prison farm
- Prison register
- Prison warden
- Prisoner Law
- Prisoner of conscience
- Prisoner of war
- Prisoner-of-war camp
- Prisons in Bahrain
- Prisons in Ukraine
- Protective custody
- Punishment in Laos
- Struggle against political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union