Catholic lay organisations
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This a list of organisations covering Catholic laity. It aims to list ecclesial movements of unspecified standing. For international Catholic movements that have received official approval by the Catholic Church, see Directory of International Associations of the Faithful.
List of Catholic lay organisations
- Apostolate for Family Consecration: Founded in the USA in 1975 by Jerry and Gwen Coniker. Mission: Bringing families deeper into their faith.
- Catholic Charismatic Renewal: Around 70 million Roman Catholics worldwide have been active in this movement, founded in the USA in 1967 among college students. Mission: A renewal of faith through personal and communal experience of the Holy Spirit.
- Catholic Charismatic Renewal International Service (CHARIS) founded in 2019. Result of the merger of ICCRS and the Catholic Fraternity. Subordinate to the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life.
- Catholic Fraternity (Catholic Fraternity), International charismatic association recognized by the Catholic Church
- Scalabrini Lay Association (Scalabrini Lay Association), International association that do pastoral care for the migrants recognized by the Catholic Church
- International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services (ICCRS), International charismatic association recognized by the Catholic Church
- Catholic Worker Movement: Founded in the USA in 1933 by Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin, this movement works for peace and the equal distribution of goods. There are 185 local communities providing social services. Mission: Hospitality towards those on the margin of society.
- World Movement of Christian Workers (WMCW), somewhat similar international association to the above, recognized by the Catholic Church
- International Coordination of Young Christian Workers (ICYCW), somewhat similar international association to the above, recognized by the Catholic Church
- Madonna House Apostolate: Founded in Canada in 1947 by Catherine Doherty, this community of priests and lay persons has established missionary field houses worldwide. Mission: Loving Jesus Christ in daily life by serving the poor and living the Gospel.