|Headquarters||Bloomington, Minnesota, USA|
|David Ossip, CEO of Ceridian HCM|
|Revenue||US$ 670+ million (2018)|
Number of employees
|4,000+ (2018) |
Ceridian HCM, Inc. is a provider of human resources software and services with employees in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and Mauritius. It is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange as of April 2018.
History of Ceridian
Ceridian is a descendant of Control Data Corporation (CDC). In 1992, Ceridian was founded as an information services company from the restructuring of CDC, a computer services and manufacturing company founded in 1957.
In 2007, Ceridian was acquired for US$5.3 billion by Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial (FNF). Ceridian common stock ceased trading on the NYSE before commencement of trading on 9 November 2007 and was delisted from the NYSE.
In March 2012, Ceridian completed its acquisition of Dayforce, a single SaaS application for HR, payroll, tax, benefits, workforce management, talent management and several related activities. In October 2013, Ceridian announced the legal separation of its Human Capital Management and payments businesses. Ceridian completed the separation on October 1, 2013 through a series of transactions, which resulted in the payments business being operated as Comdata Inc. (“Comdata”), and the HCM business being operated as Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (“Ceridian HCM”).
David Ossip, Chief Executive Officer of Dayforce, became CEO of Ceridian HCM in February 2013.
In April of 2018, Ceridian went public in an initial offering that raised over $400 million.
- Richard, Michael A. (2014-05-14). EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS: Wellness/Enhancement Programming (4th Ed.). Charles C Thomas Publisher. ISBN 9780398085612.
- Enterprise, I. D. G. (1993-09-06). Computerworld. IDG Enterprise.
- Berenson, Alex (2007-05-31). "Ceridian to Be Taken Private in $5.3 Billion Deal". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Ceridian primes customers to embrace cloud HCM". diginomica. 2015-03-06. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Business briefing, Saturday, Oct. 5". Twin Cities. 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Ceridian Forms Separate HCM and Payments Businesses | @CloudExpo". cloudcomputing.sys-con.com. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- HR Pioneers: A History of Human Resource Innovations at Control Data Corporation - Mark Jensen
- The Integration of Employee Assistance, Work/Life, and Wellness Services
- Achieving HR Excellence through Six Sigma - Daniel Bloom
- Employee Assistance Programs: Wellness/Enhancement Programming (4th Ed.)