Chaal Jeevi Laiye!
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye!|
Chaal Jeevi Laiye Official Poster
|Directed by||Vipul Mehta|
|Produced by||Rashmin Majithia|
|Written by||Vipul Mehta and Jainish Ejardar|
|Edited by||Jitendra K Shah|
|Distributed by||Coconut Movies Release|
|Box office||₹ 24 crore|
Chaal Jeevi Laiye! (transl. Come, let's live!) is a 2019 Indian Gujarati-language comedy-drama road film written and directed by Vipul Mehta. Produced by Rashmin Majithia, the film stars Siddharth Randeria, Yash Soni and Aarohi Patel. The soundtrack was composed by Sachin–Jigar.
In his quest to become successful enterprenuer, Aditya Parikh puts life on the back burner, including his father Bipin Chandra Parikh who was later diagnosed with pontine glioma. Aditya agrees to take his father to Uttarakhand to fulfill his last wishes where the accidentally meet a backpacker named Ketki Mehta. The journey turns out to be an experience with surprises and realizations of their way to happiness and closeness.
- Siddharth Randeria as Bipin Chandra Parikh
- Yash Soni as Aditya Parikh
- Aarohi Patel as Ketki Mehta
- Jagesh Mukati as Bhala Kaka
- Aruna Irani as Dr. Vadia (guest appearance)
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||21 January 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zen Music Gujarati|
All lyrics written by Niren Bhatt; all music composed by Sachin-Jigar.
|1.||"Chaand Ne Kaho"||Jigardan Gadhavi, Sachin Sanghvi, Tanishkaa Sanghvi, Various Artists||5:19|
|2.||"Pa Pa Pagli"||Sonu Nigam, Various Artists||4:36|
|3.||"Ghanu Jeevo"||Keerthi Sagathia, Bhoomi Trivedi, Various Artists||3:05|
|4.||"Ghanu Jeevo Reprise"||Keerthi Sagathia, Bhoomi Trivedi, Various Artists||1:16|
The songs were leaked online before their official release.
The film was released on 1 February 2019.
According to trade analyst Komal Nahta, the film became the highest grossing film of Gujarati cinema. The ticketing website BookMyShow estimated the gross of ₹24 crore (US$3.3 million), as of March 2019.
The film received mostly positive reviews by the critics. Shruti Jambhekar of The Times of India rated it 4 out of 5 and praised the director for screenplay, editing, cinematography, music and performances. Saurabh Shah rated it 4 out of 5 and praised direction, music and performances but crticised the length of the climax. Mid-day Gujarati noted the trend of films based on the father-son relationships and gave a positive review. Tushar Dave writing for Sarjak.org praised the film for its message, cinematography, music and performances of lead actors but criticised some dialogues, melodrama, performance of Aruna Irani and the length of climax.
- "Chal Jeevi Laiye Box Office Collections". Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- Jambhekar, Shruti. "Chaal Jeevi Laiye Movie Review 4.0/5". The Times Of India - Ahmedabad eEdition.
- Chhatwani, Deepali (18 January 2019). "Dhollywood Jodia to watch out for this year". The Times Of India. Ahmedabad. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "'ચાલ જીવી લઈએ': ઉત્તરાખંડનાં ખૂબસૂરત સ્થળે લઈ જતી પહેલી ગુજરાતી ફિલ્મ". Chitralekha (in Gujarati). Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Chal Jeevi Laiye song composed by Sachin-Jigar leaked online". The Times of India. 2019-01-08. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "It was a starry Thursday night at the premieres for Dhollywood". The Times of India. 2019-02-02. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Shah, Saurabh (2019-02-02). "સિરિયસ થઈને મરવાને બદલે હસતાં રમતાં 'ચાલ, જીવી લઈએ'". NewsPremi Gujarati (in Gujarati). Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Movie Review:ચાલ જીવી લઈએ, ચાલો જોઈ લઈએ". www.gujaratimidday.com (in Gujarati). 2019-02-02. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Dave, Tushar (2019-02-02). "Film Review : ચાલ જીવી લઈએ !". Sarjak. Retrieved 2019-02-11.