Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu!!
|Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu!!|
Cover art, featuring Takuru Miyashiro (left) and Serika Onoe (right)
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu!![a] is a visual novel video game developed and published by 5pb. for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on March 30, 2017 in Japan. It is a spin-off from the 2014 game Chaos;Child, and part of the larger Science Adventure series. The story, which is affected by player choices, is set in Shibuya, Tokyo, and follows Takuru Miyashiro, who ignores the "Reincarnation of the New Generation of Madness" events, instead focusing on spending time with girls.
Love Chu Chu!! is a visual novel in which the story is affected by player choices: the player regularly uses the "Yes/No Trigger" system, in which they fill in "yes/no" questionnaires in the in-game magazine Cool Cat Press, which causes the story to branch depending on the player's answers.
The game is a spin-off from Chaos;Child, set in October 2015 in Shibuya, Tokyo. Bizarre events referred to as the "Reincarnation of the New Generation of Madness" take place, but do not interest the protagonist Takuru Miyashiro, the president of the school newspaper club; instead, he wants to focus on "real-life activities", and spending time with girls.
Development and release
Love Chu Chu!! is developed by 5pb., and is planned by Chiyomaru Shikura, produced by Tatsuya Matsubara, and directed by Yusuke Matsumoto, with main character designs by Mutsumi Sasaki, and music by Takeshi Abo. The scenario was written by Masashi Takimoto, Toru Yasumoto and Tsukasa Tsuchiya, under supervision by Eiji Umehara. The game was first announced by Shikura in September 2016, and was presented in Famitsu in November 2016, where its platforms and release date were revealed; at this point, development was said to be 30% finished. The "yes/no" questionnaire was added as a new take on the series' "trigger system" of determining story outcomes.
The game was released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on March 30, 2017 in Japan, in both a standard release and a limited edition. The latter includes a pillow cover, a school calendar, an original soundtrack album, and other items. To coincide with this and the broadcast of the Chaos;Child anime, the original Chaos;Child game got a budget-priced re-release in March 2017.
The PlayStation Vita version was the 18th best selling game in Japan during its opening week, selling 6,240 copies; meanwhile, the PlayStation 4 version did not appear on Media Create's weekly top 20 chart.
- "『カオスチャイルド らぶchu☆chu!!』新たなトリガーも搭載されたシリーズ最新作！". Famitsu (in Japanese). Enterbrain. 2016-11-02. Archived from the original on 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Sato (2016-11-01). "Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu! Releases For PS4 And PS Vita In Japan On March 30, 2017". Siliconera. Curse, Inc. Archived from the original on 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Romano, Sal (2016-11-02). "Another look at Chaos;Child: Love Chu Chu!!". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Chaos;Child Visual Novel Gets Love chu-chu!! Spinoff Next Spring". Anime News Network. 2016-09-07. Archived from the original on 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Romano, Sal (2016-12-09). "Chaos;Child: Love Chu Chu!! Japanese limited edition detailed, TV spot". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2016-12-09. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- Romano, Sal (2017-04-05). "Media Create Sales: 3/27/17 – 4/2/17". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2017-04-06. Retrieved 2017-07-01.