From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Charity or charity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Charity may refer to:
- Charity (practice), the practice of being benevolent, giving and sharing
- Charity (virtue), the religious concept of unlimited love and kindness
- Dāna, the virtue of giving, generosity and benevolence in Indian traditions
- Principle of charity in philosophy and rhetoric
- Tzedakah, a Hebrew concept commonly used to signify charity
- Zakat, the Islamic concept of mandatory alms-giving, often translated as "charity"
- Sadaqah, the Islamic concept of voluntary alms-giving, often translated as "charity"
- Charitable organization, a type of non-profit organization formed for charitable purposes
- 501(c)(3), a specific section of the United States Internal Revenue Code that allows qualifying charitable organizations exemption from federal income tax
- Charity (play), an 1874 play by W. S. Gilbert
- "Charity" (song), a 1995 single by Skunk Anansie
- Charity (horse) (1830–?), famed racehorse
- Charity Shea (born 1983), actress in the TV series The Best Years
- Charity Bazaar, in the List of Histeria! characters,
- Charity, an alternate title for "Episode Five of The Office series 2"
- Charity (novel), third in the Faith, Hope, Charity espionage trilogy of novels by Len Deighton
- Charity (name), a given name
- Charity (programming language), a computer programming language
- HMS Charity (R29), a British Royal Navy destroyer-class ship
- MV Charity, a Cypriot cargo ship briefly in service during September 1972
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Charity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.