This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Charles J. Cicchetti is a member of Pacific Economics Group, a Senior Advisor to Pacific Economics Group Research, and a Professor of Economics at the University of Southern California. He previously held positions as the Jeffrey J. Miller Professor of Government, Business, and the Economy at Southern Cal, Managing Director of Arthur Andersen Economic Consulting, Co-Chairman of Putnam, Hayes & Bartlett, Inc., and Deputy Director of the Energy and Environmental Policy Center at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. He was co-founder of Madison Consulting Group, which merged with National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), where he served as Senior Vice President. Cicchetti chaired the Wisconsin Public Service Commission and directed the Wisconsin Energy Office. He did post-doctoral research at Resources for the Future, served as first economist of the Environmental Defense Fund and was a professor of economics and environmental studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He received a B.A. from Colorado College and a Ph.D. from Rutgers University, both in economics.
Cicchetti has testified before regulatory agencies in the U.S. and abroad on tariff design, the rate of return, and the organizational structure of the natural gas, electricity, water and telecommunications industries. He has prepared expert testimony for various federal proceedings on a variety of topics. His work in environmental litigation includes experience in natural resource damage assessment and cost allocation under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the Oil Pollution Act. He has worked in developing nations throughout the world and designed the World Bank's Build, Own, Operate, and Turnover (BOOT) public/private investment program for infrastructure development.
The author of numerous books and articles, his publications include: Going Green and Getting Regulation Right: A Primer for Energy Efficiency, Restructuring Electricity Markets: A World Perspective Post California and Enron, Restructuring Electricity Markets: A World Perspective, Alaskan Oil: Alternative Routes and Markets; Perspectives on Power, co-authored with Edward Berlin and William Gillen; The Marginal Cost and Pricing of Electricity: An Applied Approach, with William Gillen and Paul Smolensky; The Costs of Congestion: An Economic Analysis of Wilderness Recreation, with V. Kerry Smith; and Forecasting Recreation in the United States. He has edited Energy Systems Forecasting, Planning and Pricing, with W.K. Foell; and Studies in Electric Utility Regulation, with John Jurewitz.
- Cicchetti, Charles J., Colin M. Long and Kristina M. Sepetys. Restructuring Electricity Markets: A World Perspective Post-California and Enron. May 2003.
- Cicchetti, Charles J., Jeffrey A. Dubin and Colin M. Long. The California Energy Crisis: What, Why, and What's Next. Massachusetts: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004.
- Cicchetti, Charles J., W. Gillen and P. Smolensky. The Marginal Cost and Pricing of Electricity: An Applied Approach. Ballinger Publishing Company, 1977.
- Cicchetti, Charles J., "Energy System Forecasting, Planning and Pricing". ed. with W. Foell. National Science Foundation, Madison: University of Wisconsin Monograph, 1975.
- Cicchetti, Charles J., Going Green and Getting Regulation Right: A Primer for Energy Efficiency, Public Utilities Report, 2009.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. and J. Jurewitz. Studies in Electric Utility Regulation. Ford Foundation Energy Policy Project, Cambridge: Ballinger Publishing Company, 1975.
- Cicchetti, Charles, J., E. Berlin and W. Gillen. "Perspective on Power: A Study of the Regulation and Pricing of Electric Power". Ford Foundation Energy Policy Project, Cambridge: Ballinger Publishing Company, 1974.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. "Alaskan Oil: Alternative Routes and Markets". Resources for the Future, Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, December 1972.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. and V.K. Smith. The Costs of Congestion: An Econometric Analysis of Wilderness Recreation. Cambridge: Ballinger Publishing Company, 1976.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. "A Primer for Environmental Preservation: The Economics of Wild Rivers and Other Natural Wonders". New York: MSS Modular Publication, 1973.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. Forecasting Recreation in the United States: An Economic Review of Methods and Applications to Plan for the Required Environmental Resources. Lexington: Lexington Books, June 1973.
- Cicchetti, Charles J. "The Demand and Supply of Outdoor Recreation: An Econometric Analysis". Ph.D. Thesis: Rutgers University, 1969. Also, with J.J. Seneca and P. Davidson, Washington D.C.: U.S. Department of Interior, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Contract No. 7-14-07-4, 1969.