Charles G. Long
|Charles Grant Long|
Long in 1918
December 14, 1869|
South Weymouth, Massachusetts
|Died||March 5, 1943
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
|Place of burial||Arlington National Cemetery|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1891–1921|
World War I
|Awards||Marine Corps Brevet Medal
Charles Long was born December 14, 1869, in South Weymouth, Massachusetts. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1891 and received a commission as a second lieutenant on July 1, 1891.
He retired from the Marine Corps in December 1921 after 30 years of service and died March 5, 1943 at South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
Long's awards and decorations include:
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Marine Corps.
- "Major General Charles Grant Long, USMC". Who's Who in Marine Corps History. History Division, United States Marie Corps. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- John E. Lelle SgtMaj. USMC (Ret) (1988). The Brevet Medal. Quest Publishing Co. ISBN 0-915779-02-1.
- "Marine Corps Officers: 1798 to 1900". Naval Historical Center. 2006-04-06. Archived from the original on 2009-05-27. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- Edward S. Haynes (May 1972). "The United States Marine Corps Brevet Medal and Its Recipients". The Collector. 23 (5).
|This biographical article related to the United States Navy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|