Charles Turner (bishop)
Charles Henry Turner was educated at Highgate School and Trinity College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1869 he was appointed Curate of Godmanchester then Chaplain to the Bishop of London. Afterwards he was Vicar of St Saviour's, Fitzroy Square in 1874, transferring to St George in the East, Shadwell five years later. Appointed to be Rural Dean of Stepney in 1897 he was ordained to the episcopate the following year. He died on 13 July 1923.
- “Who was Who”1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Turner, Charles Henry (TNR859CH)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "EOL FHS". Archived from the original on 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- The Times, Friday, Jun 17, 1898; pg. 10; Issue 35545; col C Ecclesiastical Intelligence New Bishop Suffragan of Islington
- The Times, Saturday, Jul 14, 1923; pg. 10; Issue 43393; col E Obituary-The Bishop of Islington
|Church of England titles|
|New title|| Bishop of Islington
1898 to 1923
Title next held byRic Thorpe
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|