Charlie Rose (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Presented by||Charlie Rose
Eric Kandel (guest)
Al Hunt (guest)
Jeffrey Toobin (guest)
Gayle King (guest)
Jeff Glor (guest)
A. O. Scott (guest)
Judd Apatow (guest)
Thomas Kail (guest)
Alison Stewart (guest)
Seth Meyers (guest)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Yvette Vega|
731 Lexington Avenue
New York City, New York
|Running time||56 minutes|
Charlie Rose, Inc.
|Original release||September 30, 1991 – present|
Charlie Rose is an American television interview show, with Charlie Rose as executive producer, executive editor, and host. The show is syndicated on PBS and is owned by Charlie Rose, Inc. Rose interviews thinkers, writers, politicians, athletes, entertainers, businesspersons, leaders, scientists, and fellow newsmakers.
The show premiered on September 30, 1991. It is presented by WNET, where it first aired as a local program. The program is additionally broadcast by Bloomberg Television with a week delay, which provides the show's recording facility. The set is simple, set up with an all-dark surrounding space around an oak round table used since the program debuted and purchased by Rose himself, along with accompanying chairs.
Funding for the show is primarily provided by donations from various corporations and charitable foundations. The show has been criticized for not disclosing the list of donors even if the show is considered "public" broadcasting.
In February 2017, the show utilized a number of guest hosts while Rose underwent heart surgery. Afterwards, Rose stated a planned return in March.
Show musical theme
Charlie Rose: The Week
Charlie Rose: The Week premiered on PBS on July 19, 2013. The show is a half-hour long, consisting of interviews from recent episodes of Charlie Rose, with occasional unique segments produced for the weekly broadcast. The Week replaced the cancelled series Need to Know, and occupies that show's former Friday time slot.
- "4 days to midterms – HALLOWEEN EDITION". Politico. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
Executive producer Yvette Vega emails the staff: 'Albert Hunt of Bloomberg View is going to help the CR program in making it even better. We will have a regular feature interview called "Al Hunt on the story". [Today] launches his first interview with SoS John Kerry.'
- "Celebrating 25 years of "Charlie Rose" show and the story behind his iconic table". CBS News. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Kaplan, David A. (September 28, 2009). "Why business loves Charlie Rose". Fortune. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- Joshua Gowin. "A Recap of the Charlie Rose Brain Series: Episode 1". Psychology Today. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
- "Charlie Rose: The Brain Series". Society for Neuroscience. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
- "About", Charlie Rose.
- Vyse, Graham (July 2, 2013). "PBS expands NewsHour and Charlie Rose". Current.org. American University School of Communication. Retrieved July 19, 2013.