Charlotte Le Bon
|Charlotte Le Bon|
Charlotte Le Bon in February 2015
4 September 1986 |
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||Actress, model, television presenter|
Charlotte Le Bon (born 4 September 1986) is a French Canadian actress, model and television presenter. She is known for her work in the Canal+ talk show Le Grand Journal, and the films Yves Saint Laurent, The Hundred-Foot Journey, and The Walk.
Life and career
Le Bon was born in 1986 in Montreal, to Brigitte Paquette and Richard Le Bon, both actors. She began modelling at 16 years old and left Canada when she was 19 to model overseas. After spending brief periods in Tokyo and New York City, she eventually settled in Paris in 2011. She never enjoyed modelling, however, saying that "I was a model for eight years and really hated it." Soon after, she was cast in Le Grand Journal, a news- and pop culture-based talk show on the French television channel Canal+, appearing as the show's weather girl, "Miss Météo".
After being cast on Le Grand Journal, Le Bon began to receive offers for acting parts in films. Her first film role was in the 2012 French comedy Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia. In 2013 she appeared in Mood Indigo and The Marchers, and in 2014 she starred as Yves Saint Laurent's muse Victoire Doutreleau in the biographical film Yves Saint Laurent. Her first role in an English-language film was in The Hundred-Foot Journey, a romantic comedy directed by Lasse Hallström in which she plays a chef-in-training at an upscale French restaurant alongside Helen Mirren.
Le Bon was cast with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in The Walk, a film directed by Robert Zemeckis and based on Philippe Petit's famous tightrope walk in 1974, released in 2015. In 2015, she dubbed the voice of Joy in both the French and Quebec French dubs of the Pixar film Inside Out.
|2007||Le Goût du Temps||The LifeMart saleswoman||Short|
|2010||Impossible||The thin girl||Short|
|2012||Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia||Ophélia|
|2012||The Stroller Strategy||Marie Deville|
|2013||The Big Bad Wolf||Natacha|
|2014||Yves Saint Laurent||Victoire Doutreleau||Nominated—César Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2014||Nice and Easy||Anna|
|2014||The Hundred-Foot Journey||Marguerite|
|2015||Inside Out||Joy (Joie)||Voice (French and Quebec French dubbed)|
|2016||Bastille Day||Zoe Naville|
|2016||Iris||Claudia / Iris|
|2010–2011||Le Grand Journal||Weather girl|
|2012||Le Petit Journal||2 episodes|
|2013||Le Débarquement||1 episode|
|2013–present||Hubert and Takako||Takako||Voice|
- Laurelli, Mathilde. "Charlotte Lebon : Qui es-tu vraiment?". Marie Claire (in French). Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- Dumas, Hugo (3 September 2010). "De mannequin à Miss Météo". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Kirkland, Bruce (5 August 2014). "Charlotte Le Bon taking 'Hundred-Foot Journey' success in stride". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Dolan, Maggie (2 July 2014). "Model-Turned-Actress Charlotte Le Bon Is Turning Heads in Hollywood". Paper. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Lebsack, Lexy (2014). "Charlotte Le Bon". Violet Grey. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Keslassy, Elsa (28 March 2014). "International Star You Should Know: Charlotte Le Bon". Variety. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Ansari, Sadiya (7 August 2014). "Montreal's Charlotte Le Bon a bit daunted working with Helen Mirren". The Chronicle Herald. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Ghomeshi, Jian (6 August 2014). "Former model Charlotte Le Bon says acting is 'liberation'". CBC Radio. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Thompson, Laura (8 August 2014). "Charlotte Le Bon's culinary trip in The Hundred-Foot Journey". CBC News. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Cobo, Leila (31 March 2017). "Residente Gets Romantic With Stunningly Beautiful 'Desencuentro' Video: Watch". Billboard. Eldridge Industries. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlotte Le Bon.|