Schilens during a game in Denver in December, 2009.
|No. 81 Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Date of birth:||November 7, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Lancaster, California|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|College:||San Diego State|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 226|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Chazeray Dijon "Chaz" Schilens (born Chazeray Dijon Simmons November 7, 1985) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played high school football at Highland High School in Palmdale, California, and college football at San Diego State.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||225 lb||4.33 s||4.25 s||6.84 s||43 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Entering Week 9 of the 2008 campaign, Schilens was named a starter, playing opposite Javon Walker. Schilens was also a factor in the outside blocking game, adding extra yardage on running plays with key blocks. In week 16, Schilens had his best game as a Raider, catching three passes for 52 yards including a 20-yard touchdown. He finished the 2008 campaign with 15 catches for 226 yards and two touchdowns.
Chaz broke the fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot in August, 2009, but returned to action midway through the season and caught the game winning touchdown in an upset in Week 15 over the rival Denver Broncos.
In 2010, Schilens had another injury-plagued campaign, playing in only five games and catching five passes total.
New York Jets
Schilens was signed by the New York Jets on March 16, 2012. In Schilens' first game as a Jet, he caught one pass for 8 yards from Mark Sanchez. The Jets went on to win 48-28 over division rival Buffalo Bills.
- "Chaz Schilens". Pro Football Archives. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- Mehta, Manish (16 March 2012). "Jets sign free agent quarterback Drew Stanton and wide receiver Chaz Schilens". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Kuriloff, Aaron. "Sanchez’s Touchdowns Eclipse Tebow’s Wildcat as Jets Best Bills". businessweek.com. businessweek. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- Sessler, Marc (July 24, 2013). "Chaz Schilens signs with Detroit Lions for WR depth". NFL.com. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Twentyman, Tim (August 23, 2013). "Lions begin roster trim down to 75 with release of five players". detroitlions.com. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Roughriders add NFL experience, sign WR Schilens
- Saskatchewan Roughriders bio Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- San Diego State Aztecs bio
- Oakland Raiders bio