Bogart in 2003
|Born||Cheryl Lynn Costanzo
November 27, 1977
Oak Park, Illinois, U.S.
Disability rights advocate
Cheryl Bogart (born November 27, 1977) is an American music industry veteran and spinal cord injury awareness advocate.
Bogart was born in the Chicago suburb of Oak Park, Illinois and is of Russian and Italian descent. She spent her early life in Beverly Hills, CA and graduated from Good Shepherd Catholic School, followed by Beverly Hills High School. Her higher learning continued at Wilbur Wright College and Santa Monica City College. In her 20s she became business partners with music executive and songwriter Evan Bogart. In October 2005, Bogart sustained an incomplete spinal cord injury as a result of a fall. She became a passionate advocate for spinal cord injuries, supporting research and cures for regenerative medicine and nanotechnology, while still maintaining her place in the music industry.
Bogart's brother, Phillip Scheid VI, was injured in a 1999 shooting by his childhood best friend, Scott Sterling, son of real estate mogul and former Los Angeles Clippers basketball team owner Donald Sterling. Reportedly the incident occurred after an argument between the two regarding actress Lindsey McKeon.
Bogart's career in the entertainment world began in her late teens, when she started scouting models, musicians and actors for No Limit Records. She was mentored by Elliot Roberts at Lookout Management, then went on to work for numerous record and management companies in Los Angeles and New York.
In 2002, Bogart helped then-business partner, Evan Bogart, form Casbah Artists Management in tribute to Evan's deceased father and Casablanca Records founder, Neil Bogart. During that time, Cheryl inspired Evan and his producer J.R. Rotem to develop the all-girl trio, Raw Candy. The song SOS (Rescue Me), originally written for Raw Candy, eventually became a worldwide hit, popularized by the singer Rihanna.
Bogart went on to form her own management company, Spider Artists Management where she managed Casey Johnson, and, among others, Richard Grieco's band, Wasteland Park. In 2009, she signed The Green Children, a duo from The United Kingdom and Norway, to a two album deal under her management company. During that same year, she took on the role as senior executive for Knightingale Entertainment, which is owned by The Green Children. Bogart secured a worldwide distribution deal for the group through Spinside Records, a subsidiary of Inside Recordings, which is owned by the legendary Jackson Browne. Bogart and The Green Children parted ways in 2011, and now she is focusing on creative production in television.
In addition to her work with Spider Artists Management, Bogart began writing a book in 2010 about the dark underbelly of Beverly Hills, including details of her association with real estate mogul and former L.A. Clippers basketball team owner Donald Sterling.
- Carlson, Tiffiny. Let's Make This Hollywood Style Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. "New Mobility Magazine". March 2008
- "Huffington Post - Scott Sterling Dead: Son Of Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Found Dead In Malibu".
- "CNN Sports Illustrated - Sterling's Son Involved In Shooting".
- "ABC 7 News - Scott Sterling, Son Of LA Clippers Owner, Found Dead; Autopsy Planned".
- "Forbes - With Child Abuse Allegation, Sterling Is Now Accused of Crimes vs. Humanity".
- "Los Angeles Daily News - Scott Sterling, Son Of Clippers Owner, Found Dead; Drug Overdose Suspected".
- "Forbes - The World's Billionaires: Donald Sterling".
- "LA Times - Beverly Hills Law & Order".
- "LA Times Blog - Scott Sterling Never Charged In 1999 Shooting Of Childhood Friend".
- "Inside Edition - Donald Sterling's Son Shot Best Friend, Escaped Charges".
- "Daily Mail - Son Of Clippers Billionaire Owner Found Dead In Malibu 'Of Possible Overdose'".
- "Slim Celebrity - Scott Sterling- Clippers' Owner Donald Sterling's Son".
- "Beluga Heights Writer Bio: Evan Bogart".
- "Inside Edition - Former Friend of Sterling Family Reveals Dark Side Of Beverly Hills".
- "Daily Mail - Donald Sterling stripped bare: Disgraced Clippers boss is a violent bully who paraded NAKED in front of kids and their friends, calls Christians STUPID and whipped son with a belt and told him to stop eating 'like a n***er'".
- "Yahoo TV - Former Friend of Sterling Family Reveals Dark Side Of Beverly Hills".
- "Sports World News - Donald Sterling News: Did Disgraced Owners Harsh Treatment Of Son Lead To Drug-Overdose Death?".
- "NY Daily News - Donald Sterling abused son, is responsible for his OD death, friends say".
- "Fashion Times - Donald Sterling Abused Son Scott and is Responsible for His Drug Overdose Death, Friends Claim". Archived from the original on 2014-05-29.
- "NPQ - Will the L.A. Clippers End Up in Shelly Sterling's Hands?".