Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall MRT station
Platform 1 in Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall station
|Other names||Nanmen; 南門|
B1, 8-1 Sec 1 Roosevelt Rd|
57,959 daily (2016)|
(Ranked 17th of 109)
|Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall MRT station|
The Taipei Metro Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall station is located in the Zhongzheng District of Taipei, Taiwan. It is a transfer station for Red Line and Green Line. While the memorial for which the station is named was embroiled in a naming dispute, the name of the station has remained unchanged.
The station is a three-level, underground structure with two island platforms and seven exits. The two platforms are stacked on top of one another, allowing for cross-platform interchange between Red Line and Green Line. The washrooms are outside the entrance area. The station is situated under Roosevelt Road, between Nanhai Road, Linsen South Road, and Aiguo East Road. It also connects to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and some government agencies located around the area.
The station is home to several public art pieces. By the escalators connecting the two platform levels, a piece titled "Metamorphosis" displays a holographic flight trajectory of a paper plane. Along some of the entrance hallways, "Musical Skies" shows light boxes with images clouds in a blue sky. On the upper platform in "Platform, Stage", elements from Taiwanese folk arts and Chinese opera have been transformed into abstract elements and minimized into two curtains of lines and flat surfaces.
|B1||Northern Concourse||Lobby, one-way ticket machine, information desk|
|Southern Concourse||Lobby, one-way ticket machine, information desk|
|B2||Platform 1||← Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Tamsui / Beitou (R09 NTU Hospital)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left, right|
|Platform 2||← Songshan–Xindian Line toward Songshan (G11 Xiaonanmen)|
|B3||Platform 3||→ Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Xiangshan / Daan (R07 Dongmen) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right, left|
|Platform 4||→ Songshan–Xindian Line toward Xindian / Taipower Building (G09 Guting) →|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Archived from the original on 2012-07-17. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- Caroline Gluck (2007-05-19). "Taiwan to rename Chiang landmark". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- "第二章 土木，建築，水環、軌道". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Routes)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "President promotes plans to build Wanda MRT line". Taipei Times. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-06.