15 April 1974 |
|Other names||Chinese: 周佳納|
|Relatives||Maximillian Chow (brother)
Asia Chow (step-sister) 
Zhou Xinfang (grandfather)
China Chow (Chinese: 周佳納, born April 1974) is an English actress and model of Chinese, German, and Japanese ancestry.
Chow was born in London to restaurateur Michael Chow and his wife, the late model/designer Tina Chow; China Chow is the granddaughter of the Beijing Opera's Zhou Xinfang. Her parents left London for New York when she was 5 years old.
Her father is Chinese and her mother, who was born in Ohio, was of German and Japanese ancestry. She has a brother, Max, three years younger. Her aunt is actress and former "Bond girl" Tsai Chin.
In modeling, Chow was discovered by Roger Museenden. Chow spent several years following in her mother's footsteps working as a model for Shiseido cosmetics, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. Her modeling led to her being named one of Harper's Bazaar's "It Girls" in 1996 and an appearance in the December 1996 edition of Vogue's "The Next Best-Dressed List".
Chow made her acting debut in 1998, starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in The Big Hit. In 2004, she was shot by a house in Frankenfish. In 2007, Chow appeared on USA Network's first season of Burn Notice. She is the host and a judge of Bravo's Work of Art: The Next Great Artist, which premiered on 9 June 2010.
Chow has dated famous actors such as Steve Coogan and Mark Wahlberg. As of 2011, Chow is single.
In 1990, Chow's parents divorced. In 1992, Chow's mother died. In 1992, Chow's father married Eva Chun and eventually she gained a half-sister, Asia Chow.
- Morris, Bob. Dec 20, 2011. "China Chow, With a Look of Her Own Making nytimes.com". Retrieved Dec 30, 2016.
- Kuczynski, Alex (19 April 1998). "SHOPPING WITH: CHINA CHOW; Mirror, Mirror, Who's the Best Dressed of All?". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- Wloszczyna, Susan (23 April 1998). "China Chow a spicy 'Big Hit' in film debut". USA TODAY.
- Profile of China Chow, The New York Times (22 December 2011).
- "China Chow biography tribute.com". Retrieved Dec 30, 2016.
- China Chow, With a Look of Her Own Making; New York Times; 20 December 2011.
- Girls of Maxim — Hot 100 Women 2000, Maxim (1 May 2000).
- Girls of Maxim — Hot 100 Women 2001, Maxim (1 May 2001).
- "FreeJose.com". Maxim Magazine Hot 100 Women of 2001. Retrieved 19 February 2007.
- August, David Ng. (August 22, 2012) Bravo's 'Work of Art' Appears Unlikely to Return for 3rd Season. LATimes.com.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Tech Info; GameSpot; June 7, 2005
- Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas Manual; Rock Star Games; 2005
- "The Big Hit (1998) imdb.com". Retrieved Dec 30, 2016.
- "Head over Heels (2001) imdb.com". Retrieved Dec 30, 2016.
- "Spun (2002) imdb.com". Retrieved Dec 30, 2016.