Chinese Food Made Easy
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chinese Food Made Easy|
|Starring||Ching He Huang (host)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||BBC 2|
|Original release||7 July 2008 – present|
The series contains Ching's own versions of easy to make Chinese Food, spicy Szechuan food, Noodles, Dim sum, Sea Food, Fast Food, Desserts and Celebratory Food, where she presents a complete banquet.
Olympic medal winning rower Katherine Grainger appears in the first episode of the series. Ching teaches Katherine how to cook a healthy version of sweet and sour pork. The show attracted 2.9 million viewers at a share of 13% that night.
In another episode she creates her unique Chinese style version of the popular British take away dish fish and chips. She aims to create the ideal balance of east and west. Ching often reinvents favourite Chinese dishes, modernizing them with fresh, easy to buy ingredients and offers simple practical tips and techniques.
Much of the fresh produce she used in her authentic Chinese cookery are grown or made locally in the UK, for example chillies from Chorley, Tofu from Melton Mowbray, soy sauce from Wales and pak choi from Preston. Ching has visited and credits them with producing high quality products and vegetables.
Chinese Food Made Easy has been licensed into The Cooking Channel (USA), New Zealand, Germany, Iceland, Poland and Australia as well and has been picked up by BBC’s Lifestyle channel for all its Asian feeds, including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Korea.
A recipe book also called Chinese Food Made Easy accompanies the TV series.
- TV Ratings The Guardian
- Last night's TV - It's China season on TV, it seems, so here's some yummy Chinese food The Guardian
- BBC unveils chefs' specials The Guardian
- Chinese Food Made Easy Scores Asian Deal World Screen
- Yes, take them away The Herald
- Ching's new TV Show Daily Record
- Markets to star on Television Chorley Borough Council
- Interviews: Ching-He Huang Radio86
- Ching He Huang Daily Record]
- Chinese style fish & chips The Wine Boutique
- Blog goddess: Ching-he Huang deliciousmagazine.co.uk
- Official BBC Two website
- Chinese Food Made Easy IMDb
- Official Lifestylefood website
- BBC HD Teaser
- Chinese Food Made Easy Lion Television production information
- Chinese food fans tune in to Huang ITN
- Chinese Food Made Easy Yum Yum Asia
- Chinese Food Made Easy Our Chinese Food blog
- Ching He Huang - Chinese Food Made Easy The Wine Boutique