This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Chip R. Bell
|Education||University of Georgia|
The George Washington University
|Occupation||Speaker, author, consultant|
|Known for||Customer forensics, Customer journey mapping|
Chip R. Bell is an American author and consultant in customer loyalty and service innovation. He is known for his work in mapping the customer journey as part of the customer service experience and customer forensics.
Chip Bell earned a bachelor's degree in psychology and political science from the University of Georgia, a masters in Behavioral Science from Vanderbilt University and a doctorate in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Development from The George Washington University.
Chip Bell served as an infantry unit commander with the 82nd Airborne Division during the Vietnam War  and was a guerilla tactics instructor at the U.S. Army Infantry School at Fort Benning. Bell was awarded 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts, 2 Air Medals, and several other medals in recognition of valor.
Bell has authored or co-authored twenty-four books, of which nine have been described as national and international best-sellers. A book about innovative service, entitled Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service, has been described by one reviewer as "stand[ing] out from the crowd”. Other books have been described by the same reviewer as "smart, succinct, accessible, and practical." In February 2017, Bell published a book entitled Kaleidoscope: Delivering Innovative Service that Sparkles. His newest book is Inside Your Customer's Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions.
- Inside Your Customer's Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2020); ISBN 9781523090204.
- Book Mark: How to Be an Author Georgia Writer's Museum (2019); ISBN 0692069151.
- Kaleidoscope: Delivering Innovative Service that Sparkles Greenleaf Book Group (2017); ISBN 9781626343948
- Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service Greenleaf Book Group (2015); ISBN 1626341753
- Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships for Learning, 3rd Edition (with Marshall Goldsmith), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2013); ISBN 9781576750438
- The 9½ Principles of Innovative Service, Simple Truths (2013)
- Wired and Dangerous: How Your Customers Have Changed and What to Do About It (with John R. Patterson), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2011); ISBN 9781605099750.
- Take Their Breath Away: How Imaginative Service Creates Devoted Customers with John R. Patterson, John Wiley & Sons (2009)
- Customer Loyalty Guaranteed: Create, Lead and Sustain Remarkable Customer Service (with John R. Patterson), Adams Business (2007); ISBN 1-59869-468-5
- Magnetic Service: Secrets for Creating Passionately Devoted Customers (with Bilijack R. Bell), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2006); ISBN 9781576753750.
- Beep! Beep!: Competing in the Age of the Road Runner (with Oren Harari), Warner Books (2000); ISBN 0-446-52353-4
- Knock Your Socks Off Service Recovery with Ron Zemke AMACOM (2000)
- Service Magic: The Art of Amazing Your Customers (with Ron Zemke), Dearborn Trade (2003); ISBN 0-7931-6467-2
- Customer Love: Attracting and Keeping Customers for Life Executive Excellence Publishing (2001); ISBN 1-890009-78-4
- Dance Lessons: Six Steps to Great Partnership in Business and Life (with Heather Shea), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (1998); ISBN 9781576750438.
- Customers as Partners-Building Relationships That Last: Building Relationships That Last, Berrett-Koehler Publishers (1994); ISBN 9781881052548.
- Managing Knock Your Socks Off Service with Ron Zemke, AMACOM (1992)
- Service Wisdom: Creating and Maintaining the Customer Service Edge (with Ron Zemke), Lakewoods Pubns (1989); ISBN 0-943210-08-9
- Understanding Training: Perspectives and Practices (with Fredric Margolis), Pfeiffer & Co (1989); ISBN 0-88390-226-5
- The Trainer’s Professional Development Handbook (with Ray Bard and Leslie Stephen), Wiley (publisher) (1987); ISBN 1-55542-067-2
- Instructing for Results (with Fredric Margolis), Pfeiffer & Co (1986); ISBN 0-88390-196-X
- Clients and Consultants: Meeting and Exceeding Expectations (with Leonard Nadler), UNKNO (1985); ISBN 0-87201-119-4
- Global Gurus World's Top 30 Customer Experience Professionals for 2022
- Top 30 Thought Leaders in North America - Leadership Excellence Magazine
- Leadership 500 Excellence Award, 2016
- Leadership Excellence 100 Top Thought Leaders for 2008
- 2018 Bronze Stevie Award for Innovative Customer Service Training Design
- Bronze Award for Business Innovation Books, Axiom Business Book Awards (2021)
- Bronze Award for Top Sales Book, Axiom Business Book Awards (2012)
- Silver Award for Top Business/Career/Sales; Independent Publisher Awards (2011)
- Top Business Book; Benjamin Franklin Award Winner; IBPA (2004)
- Finalist, National Indie Excellence Award (2018)
- Best Book Award - Business: Marketing & Advertising (2017); AmericanBookFest 
- Benjamin Franklin Award (2004); Independent Book Publishers Association
- "6 User Journey Mapping Examples: How UX Pros Do It". August 2, 2019.
- "What CEO's Don't Know About Lost Customers". media.the-ceo-magazine.com. February 19, 2014.
- Pudhorodsky, Corey (31 October 2011). "Meet Chip Bell, Summit Keynote Speaker". npENGAGE. Blackbaud. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
Chip Bell is an author, consultant, and regular keynote speaker who...
- "Caring". Caring. www.nahc.org/caringmagazine/: NAHC. pp. 37–38. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Bell, Chip (1977). Human resource development practitioners: meeting their perceived learning needs through non-traditional academic study. WorldCat.org. WorldCat. OCLC 4705176. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Chip Bell: Business Leader". issuu.com. Daymarker Publishing. December 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Chip Bell archives".
- "Life on the Water magazine: Holidays on the Water by Life on the Water magazine - Issuu". issuu.com.
- "Chip Bell: Customer-Focused Strategy Expert and Author". Speakerpedia.com. Speakerpedia. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
He has authored eight national best-selling books...
- "Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
...no matter how many books I read on that topic, Chip’s always stand out from the crowd. His new book, Sprinkles, is no exception.
- "Interviewing Chip Bell: The 9 1/2 Principles of Innovative Service". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
Chip Bell is one of my favorite authors. His books are smart, succinct, accessible, and practical.
- McLeod, Lisa (16 March 2017). "Can Customer Service Touch Your Soul?". Forbes. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Economy, Peter (13 February 2017). "How to 'Kaleidoscope' Your Customers". inc.com. Inc. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Global Gurus".
- "Leadership Excellence".
- "Chip Bell website" (PDF).
- "PR.com". PR.com.
- "Stevie Awards".
- "2021 AXIOM BUSINESS BOOK AWARD MEDALISTS". Axiom Business Book Awards. Axiom Business Book Awards. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "2012 Medalists". www.axiomawards.com.
- "2012 Independent Publisher Book Awards Results". Independent Publisher - feature.
- "National Indie Excellence Award".
- "American Book Fest". americanbookfest.com.
- "Benjamin Franklin Award".