Chip R. Bell
|Education||Bachelors, University of Georgia, 1966
Masters, Vanderbilt University, 1971Doctorate, The George Washington University, 1977
|Occupation||Speaker, author, consultant|
|Known for||Customer Forensics|
|Inside Your Customer's Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions|
Chip R. Bell is an author, keynote speaker, and consultant in customer loyalty and service innovation. He is known for his pioneering work in mapping the customer journey as part of the customer service experience and customer forensics.
Prior to the late 1970s launch of his consulting firm, Chip Bell Group, he was vice president and director of management and organization development for NCNB, which forms the core of today's Bank of America. He is a customer-loyalty columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine, CEO Magazine, MoneyInc, Forbes, and other publications.
As a keynote speaker and consultant, Bell has worked with Ritz-Carlton, General Electric, Cadillac, Microsoft, State Farm, Harley-Davidson, and other Fortune 100 companies. He has appeared in interviews on several news networks, including ABC, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, and NPR. His work has been covered in numerous publications including Money, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, USA Today, MarketWatch, Inc. and Forbes.
Bell was named one of the “World’s Top 30 Customer Service Professionals” for 2014 - 2017.
Bell was ranked in the top three keynote speakers in the world on customer service by Global Gurus, 2015-2020.
Bell earned his bachelor's degree in psychology and political science from the University of Georgia, a masters in Behavioral Science from Vanderbilt University and his doctorate in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Development from The George Washington University.
Chip Bell served as an infantry unit commander with the 82nd Airborne Division during the Vietnam War  and was a guerilla tactics instructor at the U.S. Army Infantry School at Fort Benning. Bell was awarded 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts, and several other medals in recognition of valor and outstanding performance.
Bell has authored or co-authored twenty-four books, of which nine have been described as national and international best-sellers. A book about innovative service, entitled Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service, has been described by one reviewer as "stand[ing] out from the crowd”. Other books have been described by the same reviewer as "smart, succinct, accessible, and practical." In February 2017, Bell published a book entitled Kaleidoscope: Delivering Innovative Service that Sparkles, which was covered in both Forbes and Inc. magazines. His newest book is Inside Your Customer's Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions.
- Inside Your Customer's Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions, Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2020); ISBN 9781523090204.
- Kaleidoscope: Delivering Innovative Service that Sparkles, Greenleaf Book Group (2017)
- Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service, Greenleaf Book Group (2015)
- Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships for Learning, 3rd Edition (with Marshall Goldsmith), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2013); ISBN 9781576750438.
- The 9½ Principles of Innovative Service, Simple Truths (2013)
- Wired and Dangerous: How Your Customers Have Changed and What to Do About It (with John R. Patterson), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2011); ISBN 9781605099750.
- Take Their Breath Away: How Imaginative Service Creates Devoted Customers with John R. Patterson, John Wiley & Sons (2009)
- Customer Loyalty Guaranteed: Create, Lead and Sustain Remarkable Customer Service (with John R. Patterson), Adams Business (2007); ISBN 1-59869-468-5
- Magnetic Service: Secrets for Creating Passionately Devoted Customers (with Bilijack R. Bell), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2006); ISBN 9781576753750.
- Beep! Beep!: Competing in the Age of the Road Runner (with Oren Harari), Warner Books (2000); ISBN 0-446-52353-4
- Knock Your Socks Off Service Recovery with Ron Zemke AMACOM (2000)
- Service Magic: The Art of Amazing Your Customers (with Ron Zemke), Dearborn Trade (2003); ISBN 0-7931-6467-2
- Dance Lessons: Six Steps to Great Partnership in Business and Life (with Heather Shea), Berrett-Koehler Publishers (1998); ISBN 9781576750438.
- Customers as Partners-Building Relationships That Last: Building Relationships That Last, Berrett-Koehler Publishers (1994); ISBN 9781881052548.
- Managing Knock Your Socks Off Service with Ron Zemke, AMACOM (1992)
- Global Gurus 30
- World's Top 30 Customer Service Professionals, 2014 - 2017
- Top 30 Thought Leaders in North America - Leadership Excellence Magazine
- Leadership 500 Excellence Award, 2016
- Leadership Excellence 100 Top Thought Leaders for 2008
- Bronze Award for Top Sales Book, Axiom Business Book Awards 
- Silver Award for Top Business/Career/Sales; Independent Publisher Awards 
- Top Business Book; Benjamin Franklin Award Winner; IBPA 
- Finalist, National Indie Excellence Award (2018)
- Best Book Award - Business: Marketing & Advertising (2017); AmericanBookFest 
- Benjamin Franklin Award (2004); Independent Book Publishers Association
- "CEO Magazine".
- Pudhorodsky, Corey (31 October 2011). "Meet Chip Bell, Summit Keynote Speaker". npENGAGE. Blackbaud. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
Chip Bell is an author, consultant, and regular keynote speaker who...
- "Caring". Caring. www.nahc.org/caringmagazine/: NAHC. pp. 37–38. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Money Inc".
- Economy, Peter (16 May 2014). "If You Aren't Mentoring, You Aren't Leading". Inc. Mansueto Ventures. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
Bell has worked with Ritz-Carlton, GE, Microsoft, State Farm, Harley-Davidson...
- "ABC Clip".
- "Global Gurus".
- Bell, Chip. "Global Gurus".
- Bell, Chip (1977). Human resource development practitioners: meeting their perceived learning needs through non-traditional academic study. WorldCat.org. WorldCat. OCLC 4705176. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Chip Bell: Business Leader". issuu.com. Daymarker Publishing. December 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Chip Bell archives".
- "Life on the Water".
- "Chip Bell: Customer-Focused Strategy Expert and Author". Speakerpedia.com. Speakerpedia. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
He has authored eight national best-selling books...
- "Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
...no matter how many books I read on that topic, Chip’s always stand out from the crowd. His new book, Sprinkles, is no exception.
- "Interviewing Chip Bell: The 9 1/2 Principles of Innovative Service". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
Chip Bell is one of my favorite authors. His books are smart, succinct, accessible, and practical.
- McLeod, Lisa (16 March 2017). "Can Customer Service Touch Your Soul?". Forbes. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Economy, Peter (13 February 2017). "How to 'Kaleidoscope' Your Customers". inc.com. Inc. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Global Gurus".
- "Leadership Excellence".
- "Chip Bell website" (PDF).
- "PR.com". PR.com.
- "Axioma Awards".
- "Independent Publisher Awards".
- "National Indie Excellence Award".
- "American Book Fest".
- "Benjamin Franklin Award".