July 26, 1971 |
Dallas, Texas, United States
Christopher Bryan "Chris" Harrison (born July 26, 1971) is an American television host, best known for his role as host of the ABC reality television dating show, The Bachelor since 2002, and its spin-offs The Bachelorette since 2003, Bachelor Pad from 2010 to 2012, Bachelor in Paradise since 2014, the first season of Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise in 2015, and Bachelor Live since 2016. He is also the host of the syndicated version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.
From 1993-99, Harrison worked as a sports reporter at CBS affiliate KWTV in Oklahoma City. He also worked briefly for TVG Network, a horse racing channel and was the host of Designers' Challenge on HGTV.
In 2002, Harrison guest starred on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, as a music show host, episode, "Ping, Ping a Song."
The TV Guide Network, now known as "Pop," announced that Harrison was signed to anchor its live red carpet awards coverage, beginning with the 2009 Primetime Emmy Awards in September. In 2011, Harrison and Brooke Burns co-hosted the game show You Deserve It. He has also co-hosted Hollywood 411 on the former TV Guide Network. He has hosted Designers' Challenge on HGTV and Mall Masters on the Game Show Network.
Harrison was born in Dallas, Texas. He was married to his college sweetheart, Gwen Harrison. They have two children, Joshua and Taylor. In May 2012, after 18 years of marriage, Harrison and his wife announced they were ending their marriage.
- "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997". Ancestry.com.
- "Chris Harrison". TVGuide.com. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Tim Molloy (29 July 2009). "Carrie Ann Inaba, Chris Harrison Join TV Guide Network's Red Carpet Coverage". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Host Of The Bachelor Gets A New Gig
- Nellie Andreeva (13 April 2015). "Chris Harrison Named New Host Of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire', Replacing Terry Crews". deadline.com. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "Bachelor Pad Host Chris Harrison: King of the Rose". People.
- "Chris Harrison, Wife Gwen Are Splitting". People.
- Sheri Stern. "Everything's coming up roses for Lake Highlands grad". White Rock Lake Weekly.
|Host of Miss America
|Hosts of Miss America with Brooke Burke
2012 and 2013
|Hosts of Miss America with Lara Spencer
2014 and 2015