Christ for the Nations Institute
|Type||Christian Bible College Undergraduate Institution|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States
Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) is the educational arm of the ministry Christ For The Nations, Inc. Founded by Gordon and Freda Lindsay in July 1970, CFNI is an interdenominational Bible College located in Dallas, Texas.
American evangelist Gordon Lindsay and his wife, Freda Lindsay, founded Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) in 1970. After Gordon's passing in 1973, Mrs. Lindsay and her family continued operating the institution. The organization has trained more than 33,000 students, reached 120 nations, and assisted native congregations in building more than 12,500 churches all over the world. She remained active as the President of Christ for the Nations until she retired in her 90s. "Mom" Lindsay died in her home on March 26, 2010 at the age of 95 on "Gordon Lindsay Day", a day the institute had designated to remember and honor the legacy of its founder. Their son, Dennis Lindsay, is the current president of CFNI.
Accreditation and affiliation
CFNI is accredited by the International Christian Accrediting Association, a private Christian organization operated under the auspices of Oral Roberts University.
CFNI is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International, is approved by the United States Department of Homeland Security to enroll international students, and has approval from the Department of Veterans Affairs for veteran training.
Christ for the Nations Institute is not state accredited. Until April 21, 2007, it had "applicant status" with the Association for Biblical Higher Education. Applicant status is a pre-membership status granted to colleges that may be able to achieve pre-accreditation candidate status within four years. On April 21, 2007, the Board of Directors of Christ for the Nations decided to withdraw from pursuing ABHE accreditation. However, CFNI holds articulation agreements, for the purpose of transferring credits, with many accredited Christian universities and Bible colleges. The receiving school always determines credit transferability. Some of these institutions include, Ecclesia College, Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Dallas Baptist University, The King's University, Oral Roberts University, and Regent University.
Christ for the Nations Institute has a number of intramural sports teams, some of which include: football, basketball, volleyball and soccer.
The CFNI moral code can be found in the student handbook. Students are required to adhere to standards based on the school's Pentecostal, charismatic and evangelical roots which include not participating in what are termed "immoral behaviors" including sex outside of marriage, vulgar language, and same-sex relationships.
CFNI Association of Bible Schools (CFNABS)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Below is a list of schools in the Association
- Botswana: Love Botswana Bible Institute
- Cameroon: Cameroon Bible College
- Ethiopia: Christ for the Nations Ethiopia
- Ghana: Christian Faith Training Center
- Ivory Coast
- Institut International de Formation Pastoral et Théologique
- Ivory Coast Burning Bush Biblical Institute
- Biblical Life Bible College
- Glory Bible School
- Lari Hills Theological School
- Christ Our Savior Bible School
- Promised Land Equipping Center
- Inhaminga Afrika wa Yesu Bible School
- Nacala Afrika wa Yesu Discipleship School
- Christ for the Nations Jos
- Greater Evangelism World Crusade KumRan Bible College
- Senegal: Word Alive Bible Training Center
- South Africa: Durban Christian Centre Bible School
- Celebration College
- Faith World Bible College – Harare
- Goshen International Bible College - Harare
- Bible Training Institute - Allahabad
- Carmel Bible College - Eluru
- Christ for the Nations Bible College - Nagaland
- Doulos Bible Institute - Shillong
- Maranatha Theological Seminary
- Maranatha Veda Patasala - Vijayawada
- Maranatha Veda Patasala - Visakhapatnam
- Japan: Christ for the Nations Japan (Sapporo)
- South Korea: Christ for the Nations Korea (Seoul)
- Myanmar(Burma): Shiloh Bible College
- Sri Lanka
- Lanka Bible College
- Harvest Leadership Institute
- Caribbean and North America
- Jamaica: Emmanuel Christian University (Montego Bay)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Ecatepec)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones de Mexico (Mexico City)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Monterrey)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Nezahualcoytl)
- Estandarte Para Las Naciones (Puebla)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Querétaro)
- International Harvesters Institute (Nuevo Laredo)
- Central America
- Belize: Christ for the Nations Belize
- Costa Rica: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones Costa Rica
- El Salvador: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones El Salvador
- Guatamala: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones Guatamala
- Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones, San Pedro Sula
- Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones, Tegucigalpa
- Nicaragua: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones Nicaragua
- Albania: Christ for the Nations Albania
- Belarus: Christ for the Nations
- Denmark: Christ For Denmark
- Germany: Christ for the Nations Glaubenszentrum
- Netherlands: Christ for the Nations
- Poland: Christ for the Nations Poland
- Christ for Romania Cluj (Şcoala Biblică "Cristos pentru România")
- Christ for Romania Suceava
- Christ for Romania Timisoara
- Australia: Christ for the Nations Australia
- South America
- Instituto Cristo Para as Nações Brazil
- Instituto Cristo Para as Nações Fortaueza
- Colombia: Cristo Para Las Naciones Colombia
- Escuela de Reyes CFNI
- Instituto Cristo para las Naciones Ecuador
- Peru: El Centro de Entrenamiento Ministerial y Musical (NISI)
Youth for the Nations
Christ for the Nations Institute hosts an annual youth camp, called Youth for the Nations (YFN) for five weeks during the summer. Since 1990, thousands of young people have attended the event in Dallas, Texas.
- A Brief History of CFN Archived February 11, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Christ for the Nations Institute website: Authorizations and Affiliations Archived January 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Christ for the Nations Institute website: Articulation Agreements Archived February 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- ":: Love Botswana Outreach Mission ::".
- "Afrika wa Yesu".
- "Youth For The Nations". Retrieved September 25, 2013.