|President||Dr. Kent MacDonald|
|Undergraduates||(Traditional and Adult Degree Program - All MI Locations) = 3,631 Michigan Residential Undergraduate-1,586|
|Campus||Urban 90 acres|
|Colors||NU Dark Blue and NU Lighter Blue|
|Athletics||NCAA Division II|
Northwood University opened as Northwood Institute in 1959 by Arthur E. Turner and R. Gary Stauffer. One hundred students enrolled at the new school, which was initially located in a 19th-century mansion in Alma, Michigan. Northwood Institute moved to Midland, Michigan, in 1961.
The Jesuits operated a seminary known as West Baden College at the former West Baden Springs Hotel, in Orange County, Indiana, from 1934 until June 1964, when declining enrollment forced the closure of the facility. They sold the property to a Michigan couple, who in turn donated it to Northwood Institute, which operated a satellite campus of their business management school under the great dome on the property from 1966 until 1983, when it was closed. During the same time frame during which the Indiana campus was opened, a Northwood facility was also established in Texas, which continues to serve students in the Southwest United States.
In 1993, the name was changed from Northwood Institute to Northwood University and The DeVos Graduate School of Management was created. A joint program with the Hotel Institute Montreux was established in 2001 to combine Swiss hospitality traditions with American management practices. The school, located in Montreux, Switzerland was Northwood University's first international venture. University College program centers were expanded for a total of 40 locations in eight states and program centers were begun in Bahrain, Malaysia, People's Republic of China, Sri Lanka, and Switzerland.
In October 2007, Keith A. Pretty was named Northwood's third President and CEO.
In 2014, Northwood announced that it would close its residential operations at the Texas location, while continuing to expand its adult degree program and graduate program there. One year later, the university sold its Florida location to Keiser University. Northwood also announced a focus on expansion and growth of the Midland, Michigan Campus and Operations.
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science
The teams of the Northwood University's Michigan campus are known as the Timberwolves. The campus is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II level; primarily competing in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC). Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, ice hockey, soccer, tennis and track & field; while women's sports include basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field and volleyball.
- Candice Miller, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Rob Childress, college baseball coach 
- Dick DeVos, 2006 Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate, son of Amway co-founder
- Chris Wilson, Washington Redskins defensive end 
- Jerry Pettway, American Basketball Association, Houston Mavericks guard
- Jose Jono Jumamoy, Former Municipal Mayor of Inabanga, Bohol, Philippines
- Robert Height, 2007 Continental Indoor Football League MVP
- Carole Gist, Miss USA 1990.
- Blake Koch, NASCAR driver
- Robb Brent, NASCAR/ARCA driver
- Ana Brnabić, Prime Minister of Serbia
- Charleston Hughes, Canadian Football League All-Star defensive linemen, Grey Cup champion
- Maurice Jones, NBL Canada Player, 2016-2017 NBL Canada Rookie of the Year, Single Season Assists Record Holder
- As of FY2013. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2013 Market Value of Endowment Assets and Change* in Endowment Market Value from FY 2012 to FY 2013" (PDF). 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-19. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- http://www.northwood.edu/about/fast-facts.aspx%7Caccessdate = August 12, 2015
- Northwood University: About Us-History
- Peterson's Four-Year Coilleges by Thomson Peterson, page 2101-2104, Northwood University
- French Lick Resort website: History-West Baden Springs Hotel
- Higher Learning Commission
- Wirtz, Ralph (5 March 2014). "Northwood closing residential operations in Texas". Midland Daily News. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Keiser University to take over Northwood University's West Palm Beach campus
- Northwood University's Major, Strategic System Restructuring Focuses on Expansion and Growth of Michigan Campus & Operations
- "About the Master of Business Administration". Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Northwood University Master of Science Programs". www.northwood.edu. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "About the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership". Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Full Biography". Congresswoman Candice Miller. Archived from the original on 2016-05-07. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Mound Visit with Rob Childress". InsidePitching.com. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Outstanding Business Leaders Archives". Northwood University. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Chris Wilson". NFL.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Jerry Pettway Stats | Basketball-Reference.com". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Driver Robb Brent Career Statistics - Racing-Reference.info". www.racing-reference.info. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "ARCA Racing Series Driver - Robb Brent 36 - Driver Information". www.robbbrentracing.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Northwood University.|