Broadway on Broadway, September 2006
April 21, 1968 |
San Francisco, California, USA
Hoff was born in San Francisco, California, and later moved with his family to San Diego. At eight years old he began acting at the San Diego Junior Theater, and not long after was playing Winthrop in The Music Man.
Since then he has appeared on numerous television, big screen and Broadway shows. Most recently, he had a guest role as Marty on All My Children.
He starred until 2008 in the original cast production of Jersey Boys which opened at the August Wilson theater on Broadway in 2005. His dynamic portrayal of Tommy DeVito, one of the founding members of Four Seasons musical group, won him the "Best Featured Actor in a Musical" Tony award in 2006. He was scheduled to return to Broadway in the Roundabout Theatre's 2008 production of Pal Joey in the title role however due to an injury he was forced to leave the production.
Hoff holds the world record for "Most Character Voices in an Audio Book" for Tell Me How You Love the Picture, based on the career of movie producer Ed Feldman. In it, he performs 241 separate voices.
He is married to the actress Melissa Hoff and together they have three children: Elizabeth, Evelyn and Ella. Christian has two children from a previous marriage: Eli and Erica.
- All My Children
- In Love and War
- Evening Shade
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Party of Five
- Richie Rich
- The Commish
- Quincy, M.E.
- Quantum Leap
- Who's the Boss?
- Ugly Betty
- Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
- Jersey Boys (Tommy DeVito, Original Cast Album)
- Pal Joey (Joey Evans, injured during previews)
- The Who's Tommy (Pinball Lad, Original Cast Album)
- Jesus Christ Superstar (King Herod)
- George M! (George M. Cohan)
- The Will Rogers Follies (Will Rogers)
- Dave Karger (23 March 2007). "Christian Hoff is the Master of Mimicry". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- Christian Hoff official website
- Christian Hoff official weblog
- Christian Hoff at the Internet Broadway Database
- Christian Hoff at the Internet Movie Database