29 September 1961 |
|Spouse(s)||Christine Mavridis (m. 1997 - )|
Christopher Chronis (born September 29, 1961 in Melbourne, Australia) is an Australian fashion designer. Chronis has designed men's and women's fashions under the Christopher Chronis Designs, Gas Station and Christos fashion labels. He is now the head designer of Global Designer Brands.
Chronis grew up in the inner-city Melbourne suburb of Richmond, which is where his parents, both from Greece, settled. After high school, Chronis commenced a civil engineering but during the first year of his course he dropped out when he realised his passion was for the fashion industry. He pursued a sales position with a major high fashion shoe retailer Mr Figgins and within a year was promoted to a managerial position making him one of the youngest managers within the company. In 1981 he joined the fashion designers Merivale and Mr John, in the retail department of their Melbourne store and in 1983 he commenced an apprenticeship with designer Demitrius which involved production and design.
Chronis opened his first store in Chapel Street, South Yarra. Other stores were opened in the Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. His fashions have also been sold by other retailers including major department stores. He launched his signature fragrance Christos in 1998 and has also used the CCD brand on a number of café and restaurant ventures. In 2000 after Chronis was on the brink of financial ruin the stores were seized by receiver KPMG, Mr Chronis reported that his business would be rescued by a group of investors, Tony Mokbel with associate Jack Smit, borrowed $1.4 million to buy designer Christopher Chronis's business. Christopher is the head of design for Global Designer Brands, has designed for the Playboy Icon luxury evening-wear collection for men and women and has also opened Playboy concept boutiques in Australia, New Zealand and a London flagship store in Oxford Street.
There are three Christopher Chronis stores in Melbourne (Chapel Street, GPO and Chadstone), one in Oxford Street Sydney, one in Auckland and one in Oxford Street, London. Christopher is now the head of design for Global Designer Brands, has designed for the Playboy Icon luxury evening-wear collection for men and women and has also opened Playboy concept boutiques in Australia, New Zealand and a London flagship store in Oxford Street.
- The Australian Fashion Industry Awards 1993 Mens PM /Gala wear.
- The Australian Fashion Industry Awards 1994 Mens PM/Gala wear.
- The Australian Fashion Industry Awards 1995 Mens weekend wear.
- The National Australian Print Award 1997 for best catalogue category.
- Thanks Christine Mavridis Chronis for finding this amazing video for me to pop on here too!!! xxxxxxxx http://bit.ly/bLdvPz, 2:32 PM - Apr 29, 2010, Megan Castran Megan Castran @jewelchic, Twitter
- happy 51st birthday to my spunky hubby christopher chronis!! u drive me nuts but i love you with all of my heart anyway!! xxx 6:08 PM - Sep 29, 2012 Christine Chronis - Twitter
- Christopher Chronis, Global Designer Brands
- Christos Man & Christos Woman by Christopher Chronis, By Dimitri, 26 January 2011, Sorcery of Scent
- CHRISTOS FRAGRANCE COMMERCIAL, produced in 1998 - By Christopher Chronis, Youtube
- Christos Woman by Christopher Chronis, - Basenotes Fragrance Directory
- "At the same time, Mokbel was branching out into racehorses and fashion, buying a $170,000 filly from New Zealand and, together with associate Jack Smit, borrowing $1.4 million to buy designer Christopher Chronis's business.", On $160 a week, drug boss Tony Mokbel amassed millions: documents, August 16, 2012, By Ben Butler and Andrea Petrie, theage.com.au
- CHRISTOPHER CHRONIS DESIGNS: On edge of financial ruin, Herald Sun 27-May-2000 ,TROUBLED COMPANY REPORTER, ASIA PACIFIC ,Wednesday, May 31, 2000, Vol. 3, No. 105, Bankrupt.com
- Christopher Chronis :: projects 2003 dedece
- Playboy Concept Boutique opens in Melbourne, By: Carmine Pascuzzi / photos by Matt Deller
- Christopher Chronis at the 2009 Aussie Millions Main Event, Jan 21, 2009, Credit: Ryan Lucchesi
- Christopher Chronis - 2009 Aussie Millions Poker Championship, pokertube.com
- RedHotPie interview with Christopher Chronis from Playboy Australia, 25 Jul 2012, Youtube
- Chris Chronis 1,100 Pot Limit Winner - AUSSIE MILLIONS 2008, 7 Jan 2008 Amanda interviews the winner of the 1,100 Pot Limit Texas Holdem event.,Youtube
- Pokies king Bruce Mathieson in $8m legal fight over QBH night, By Sue Hewitt, February 21, 2010, Sunday Herald Sun
- Christopher Chronis, vipmagazine.com.au
- Aussie Playboy's design mansion, The Daily Telegraph October 01, 2007, The Australian
- Nikita Chronis, 13 from Victoria, Australia, Model, Actor, Musician, Dancer