|Sir Christopher Deverell|
Sir Christopher Deverell
|Years of service||1979 – present|
|Commands held||Joint Forces Command
4th Armoured Brigade
Joint Chemical, Biological, Radiation and Nuclear Regiment
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath
Member of the Order of the British Empire
Early life and education
Deverell was commissioned into the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment in 1979. He was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire in the 1991 Birthday Honours, and went on to command of the Joint Chemical, Biological, Radiation and Nuclear Regiment. He commanded 4th Armoured Brigade in Iraq and Germany from January 2005, became Director Equipment Capability (Ground Manoeuvre) from April 2007 and was made Director General Logistics Support and Equipment at HQ Land Forces in December 2008. He became Chief of Materiel (Land) and Quartermaster General from May 2012. Knighted as a Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath in the 2015 New Year Honours, Deverell was promoted to general on 5 April 2016 on appointment as Commander of Joint Forces Command. He was appointed as an aide-de-camp from the same date.
- "Major General Chris Deverell, Director General Logistics Support and Equipment at HQ Land Forces Speaks at International Armoured Vehicles this February.". International Armoured Vehicles. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "No. 52563". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 1991. p. 6.
- "House of Commons – Public Accounts Committee – Written Evidence". Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Ministry of Defence: Senior Responsible Owner House of Lords, 14 January 2009
- Defence View points June 2011
- "No. 61092". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2014. p. N2.
- "New Year Honours for service personnel and defence civilians 2015". Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "No. 61545". The London Gazette (Supplement). 5 April 2016. p. 7739.
- "The Secretary of State announces new Senior Appointments in the Armed Services". Ministry of Defence. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "No. 61656". The London Gazette (Supplement). 25 July 2016. p. 16081.
Sir Gary Coward
|Quartermaster-General to the Forces
Sir Richard Barrons
|Commander Joint Forces Command