This article possibly contains original research. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chuck Deardorf, (born 1954) is an American musician best known for playing double bass and bass guitar with numerous internationally noted jazz musicians. As a first-call bassist in the Pacific Northwest for nearly 25 years, Chuck Deardorf has recorded and performed with some of the Jazz world’s brightest luminaries including Kenny Barron, Larry Coryell, Bucky Pizzarelli, Bud Shank, Chet Baker, Joe Williams, Zoot Sims, Mel Lewis, Freddie Hubbard, Kenny Burrell, Abbey Lincoln, Howard Roberts, George Cables, Winard Harper, Charlie Byrd, and vocalists Kurt Elling, Ernestine Anderson, and Kelly Harland. He has performed at music festivals and clubs throughout the Northwest as well as in Los Angeles, New York City, Australia, Canada and Japan, and in numerous theater and symphony productions.
He is a professor and head of the jazz faculty at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle and serves on the faculty of the Centrum Jazz Workshop, held annually in Port Townsend, Washington. He also performs regularly with respected Brazilian composer and pianist, Jovino Santos Neto and the Deardorf Peterson Group.
Deardorf is known for his prodigious skills on upright as well as fretless and fretted electric basses.
He is married to singer and author Kelly Harland.
- 2011 Transparence
With Don Lanphere
- 1984 Don Loves Midge
- 1986 Stop
- 1988 Jay Clayton & Don Lanphere: TheJazz Alley Tapes
- 1990 Don Lanphere & Larry Coryell
- 1995 Go...Again
- 1999 Year 'Round Christmas
With Bud Shank
- 1990 Tales of the Pilot: Bud Shank Plays the Music of David Peck
- 1986 Bud Shank Quartet at Jazz Alley (Contemporary)
- 1992 The Awakening
- 1995 Lost Cathedral
With Dave Peck
- 1996 Solo
- 1998 Trio
- 1999 3 and 1
With Jovino Santos Neto
- 1997 Caboclo
- 2000 Live in Olympia
- 2003 Canto do Rio
- 2011 Current
With Gunnar Bob Madsen
- 1998 Power of a Hat
- 1998 Spinning World: 13 Ways of Looking at a Waltz
With Jim Knapp
- 1995 On Going Home
- 1998 Things for Now
- 1989 Breaking Through, Phil Sheeran
- 1990 Worth Waiting For, P.J. Perry
- 1991 Living Things, Michael Tomlinson
- 1991 Pacific Aire, Tom Collier
- 1998 Collection, Mike Strickland
- 1998 Photographs, Barney McClure
- 1998 Red Kelley's Heroes, Pete Christlieb
- 1999 Joy to the World, Gene Nery
- 1999 The Face of Love, Eugene Maslov
- 2002 Twelve Times Romance, Kelly Harland
- 2003 Convergence Zone, Phil Kelly & the NW Prevailing Winds
- 2003 Some Devil, Dave Matthews
- 2004 Portal, Deardorf Peterson Group
- 2005 Carolyn Graye, Carolyn Graye
- 2006 Laid Back & Blues: Live at the Sky Church in Seattle, Larry Coryell
- 2007 Malibu Manouche, Neil Andersson
- 2007 Shade, Richie Cole
- 2008 From the Depths, Karen Emerson
- 2008 Long Ago and Far Away: Kelly Harland Sings Jerome Kern, Kelly Harland
- 2008 Words & Music, Paul West
- 2009 Across the Sound, Terry Lauber
- 2009 Alone Together With the Blues, Mia Vermillion
- 2010 As the Crow Flies, Neil Andersson/Malibu Manouche/Peter Pendras
- 2010 Inner Mission, Randy Brecker/Richard Cole
- 2010 Reunion, Hadley Caliman/Pete Christlieb
- 2011 Imaginary Sketches, Chad McCullough/Bram Weijters
- 2012 Double Exposure, Frank D'Rone
- "For bassist Deardorf, a musical and personal "Portal"". The Seattle Times. July 16, 2004. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- De Barros, Paul (16 October 1994). "City of Jazz – It May Be Lite, Hard, Retro Or Ultra-Hip, And It's Alive And Swinging In Seattle". Seattle Times. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "SeattleNoise: Kelly Harland". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. May 15, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- "Chuck Deardorf | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 December 2016.