Chug-A-Lug (The Beach Boys song)
|Song by The Beach Boys from the album Surfin' Safari|
|Released||October 1, 1962|
|Recorded||August 8, 1962
|Surfin' Safari track listing|
The lyrics of the song are about the members of the band hanging out at a root beer stand and drinking mugs of root beer while talking about girls, cars, and music. The song was originally credited to just Wilson and Usher. Mike Love's name was added as a result of a lawsuit filed by him against Wilson in the 1990s.
"Chug-A-Lug" was recorded at Capitol Records with two other songs for Surfin' Safari on August 8, 1962. The session was officially produced by Nik Venet, though many of the participants claim that Brian Wilson was just as responsible for the production as Venet.
- Mike Love - lead vocal
- David Marks - guitar
- Brian Wilson - bass guitar, organ, vocals
- Carl Wilson - guitar, vocals
- Dennis Wilson - drums, vocals
- per 
- Elliott, Brad: "Surf's Up! The Beach Boys On Record 1961-1981", page 15. Popular Culture Ink, 1991.
- Lambert, Philip: Inside the Music of Brian Wilson, page 44. Continuum Publishing, 2007.
- Doe, Andrew G. & Tobler, John: "Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys: The Complete Guide to their Music", pages 8-9. Omnibus Press, 2004.
- Doe, Andrew G.: "ALBUMARCHIVE#1." Bellagio 10452. Retrieved on 2011-08-09.
- Badman, Keith: The Beach Boys, pages 25-26. Backbeat Books, 2004.