This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Cisco exams have changed several times in response to the changing IT trends. In 2013, Cisco announced an update to its certification program that "aligns certification and training curricula with evolving industry job roles." There are now several different types of Cisco-Certified Network Associate, with "CCNA Routing and Switching" being closest to the original CCNA focus; other types of CCNA focus on security, cloud, collaboration, security operations, design, data center technologies, industrial plants, service providers, and wireless.
The content of the exams is proprietary. Cisco and its learning partners offer a variety of different training methods, including books published by Cisco Press, and online and classroom courses available under the title "Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices".
To achieve CCNA Routing and Switching certification, one must earn a passing score on Cisco exam #200-125, or combined passing scores on both the "Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1" ICND1 #100-105 and "Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2" ICND2 #200-105 exams. Passing the ICND1 exam grants the candidate the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification. At the completion of the exam, candidates receive a score report along with a score breakout by exam section and the passing score for the given exam.
The 200-125 CCNA is the composite exam associated with the Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network. The topics include connecting to a WAN; implementing network security; network types; network media; routing and switching fundamentals; the TCP/IP and OSI models; IP addressing; WAN technologies; operating and configuring IOS devices; extending switched networks with VLANs; determining IP routes; managing IP traffic with access lists; and establishing point-to-point connections.
Starting February 24, 2020, the 200-301 Cisco Certified Network Associate will be required. This exam covers a broad range of fundamentals, including network fundamentals, network access, IP connectivity, IP services, security fundamentals, and automation and programmability.
There are no prerequisites to take the CCNA Routing & Switching certification exam. There are also starting points of networking licenses which are CCENT, CCT.
There are ten tracks of the Associate certifications in Cisco Career Certifications.
The new CCNA certification replaces these certifications (February 24 2020):
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Networking
- CCNA Industrial
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA Wireless
There will then be 3 Associate Level Certifications:
To receive the CCNA certification, one must pass either:
Retired exams offered
- The ICND1 Exam (100-101) and the ICND2 Exam (200-102)
- The combined CCNA Exam (200-)
The validity of CCNA Certification is 3 years. Renewal requires certification holders to register for and pass same or higher level Cisco recertification exam(s) every 3 years.
- "Cisco Evolves Associate-Level Certifications, Redesigns CCNA Routing and Switching Certification to Support Next-Generation Job Roles" (Press release). 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "CCNA Routing and Switching Refreshed" (News Blog Post). 2016-05-17. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "" (Cisco Learning Network certifications list). 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Cisco Certification Agreements".
- "Introduction – Training Resources – Cisco Systems".
- "Certification Exam Policies". Cisco.com.
- "Cisco Certification, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VOIP Training. - The Cisco Learning Network". learningnetwork.cisco.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- "Current Exam List". Cisco. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- "Recertification Policy". Cisco. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: CCNA Certification|